My homemade wine rack

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CassieV

Reaction score
20100527_164347_winerack2-websi.jpg
My husband made me a 21 bottlewine rack yesterday :) We madeit primarily for 750ml, but 1.5L& 375ml fit too.The 1.5L have to go on top.We are going to add more of course. But for now it allows me to have easy access to some wine while the rest stays boxed up. Plus I don't have to bottle for a few months.
20100527_165028_winerack1-_webs.jpg

ibglowin said:
You are definitely gonna need more of those!

...a lot more racks. This hobby becomes all consuming. Nice racks, hope you gave your husband a nice hug.

Robert

Cassie, that rack looks real nice! It is possible you may need more racks in the future. I started the hobby in the fall of 2008. I built a wine cellar and racks to hold more wine then I would ever make. LMAO Christmas 2009 I add wall racks for an additional 162 bottles and last week added another 152 bottle rack. I can now rack 750 bottles which is nearly full and I still have ten carboys going and started another skeeter pee today. Where does it end????

Tell your hubby he better have a lot more wood! Your going to need many many more!

Dan fr PA- I have accepted the fact it never ends. My husband on he other hand hasn't came to terms with it yet :)
Dan fr MD- yes we made it stackable. There are no screws or nails holding it together. He made notches to interlock it. The place I store my wine isn't the easiest to get stuff down in sometimes so we made it to be able to come apart. We got the idea from wineracks.com. It was alot cheaper this way.

Latest posts

Back