Fruit Press

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fivebk

Reaction score
Last winter I found and purchased an antique 1897 Norvell Shapleigh 8QT. fruit press. It was covered in dust and cobwebs, but seemed to be in good condition.I had some time today so I did some cleaning, sanding and painting on it . It will be put to use very soon as I have several different fruits ready to press. I thought some of you might like to see some pics of it restored.

20090708_185713_DSCN2573_Small.JPG

20090708_185735_DSCN2574_Small.JPG

20090708_185822_DSCN2575_Small.JPG

I found this one on craigslist for a third of the price they are selling for on E-Bay

BOB

Corn is looking good!

Nice press by the way
smiley4.gif
Good find!

I did not paint any part that will come in contact with the fruit . I just cleaned the inside of the bowl with a wire wheel on a drill. when the paint has cured to my satisfaction I will wash and sterilize the whole thing inside and out, and then coat the inside of the bowl with veg oil so it won't rust. Even the outlet of the bowl was left bare metal. I feel that as long as I don't go crazy pressing the fruit it should never come in contact with the paint. the plunger plate was left bare as well.

BOB

Looking good.

I have been keeping my eye on those. I am just waiting for the right deal.

Good job

Latest posts

Back