Does anyone here read Italian?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joanie

Reaction score
I decided I wanted to do a "traditional" label for my Amarone ...handwritten in Italian. Here's what I've come up with usinghttp://babelfish.altavista.com/</span>
but I want to make sure what I have makes some sort of sense and that I'm not swearing or something!
smiley36.gif
So who's the Italian expert?

20080221_163521_Amarone_1_copy.jpg

A wine of ani irresistible elegance draws them subliminally in its orbit. Intense ruby red coloring has a taste of coffee, cherries, and dried fruits of the sun.

True english translation would be:

A wine of an irresistable elegance that draws people from all around. Intense ruby red coloring, with a hint of coffee, cherries and sun dried fruit.

Sounds like a nice Amarone.Edited by: Dean

I'm just glad that we have a system in place that wants Canadians to speak both english and french. Italian is so very close to french that it is quite easy to me.

It is much like English and Spanish for the USA, I would think. Isn't spanish taught in all american schools? I didn't have a choice with french, until I got to high scool. Then I learned that we had a rogue french teacher teaching his own agenda. Turns out, he was teaching us university level french in grade 9! When I got to high school, I challenged every french exam and even corrected an error on the final tha the teacher did not see.

After that I took ukrainian so I could speak fluently to my grandparents and translate mail from the "old country" as they could no longer read cyrillic.

Further to this:

Joan, if you just made that up, you are very talented with descriptions and really should be working in advertising for the wine industry!

LOL I wish I'd made that up!! I cheated!! I found Amarone label images in Google, copied and pasted parts of those phrases into babelfish and translated them to English to find out what they said then used what sounded good!
smiley4.gif

I thought the "Fish Farm Winery" part came out kinda funny! I didn't know I had a cantina!
smiley4.gif

When I was in school French was offered but only about 3 girls took the class. Most of the older people spoke Welsh or German, and if Grandma cought you trying to speak French she would tan your hide. She didn't cotton to frogs, and could cuss like a trooper in German. Tomy
smiley32.gif

Latest posts

Back