Cellar Craft CC Showcase Washington Merlot: Thoughts?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately time hasn't worked any of it's magic on this one. At 30 months old it's still not good. I'm going to blame it on the age of the kit, or just a bad batch, since all of the other CC Showcase wines we've made have been quite nice.

I'm sorry to hear that. Mine is only about 7 months so it is too soon to tell whether it is kit specific or line specific. Thank you for your feedback - this is my first CC kit and now I know not to base my experience with this particular kit to the others by CC.

I'm sorry to hear that. Mine is only about 7 months so it is too soon to tell whether it is kit specific or line specific. Thank you for your feedback - this is my first CC kit and now I know not to base my experience with this particular kit to the others by CC.

We've made six other CC Showcase kits besides the Merlot, plus a handful of their Passport Limited editions. All of them turned out nicely, I'm sure there was either something wrong with the kit I bought, or I made a mistake in the process. I'm thinking yours will turn out fine.

I have made this kit a least a dozen times - it is a favourite here. I admit to preferring the fruit forward Italian approach to the spartan zen French approach and this Washington grape based merlot is in that category.

This kit is on my regular make list at least a couple of times per year.

I have made this kit a least a dozen times - it is a favourite here. I admit to preferring the fruit forward Italian approach to the spartan zen French approach and this Washington grape based merlot is in that category.

This kit is on my regular make list at least a couple of times per year.

This is exactly the type of result I expected from this kit. Which leads me to believe something definitely went south with mine.

Latest posts

Back