Wine of the week

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PolishWineP

Reaction score
Bert and I have a good number of gift wines in our rack and have decided that we're going to try to sample one each Sunday. (It's the only day he doesn't work right now.) We started it 2 weeks ago with Ramona's wine, and posted pictures.
Last Sunday we had a bottle that Steve Angell gave me at Winestock, a lovely Chardonnay Semillon. It was crisp without bite and made the mouth feel alive. It had a good flavor to it. I promise you, we had no trouble at all finishing that bottle!
smiley2.gif
Thank you Steve!
I pared the wine with chicken strips cooked in garlic and seasoned with Lawry's Perfect Blend Seasoning & Rub for Poultry, topped with mole' sauce. Basmati rice w/celery, onions and a dash of chili paste on the side, and steamed spinach was our veggie. I have to admit that this was one of the best meals I'd cooked in a long time. (Not much cooking gets done around here in the summer.) And the wine was a perfect match to the meal!
smiley32.gif

20060812_081937_wine_and_cats_0.jpg

Dinner is served!

All I can say is:

1- one way ticket for the princess to North Carolina - $480

1- Paid theif to break into Steves house and steal 1 bottle of Chardonnay - $1000

To have a meal like that - Priceless!

That look like a wonderfull meal princess......

Now I'm hungry.......

Got my motor running...
Headed down the Hiway..
going to be in Warren...
Someday.....Yea Yea Yea!!!!
smiley4.gif

PWP,,
That is a good idea to show off your wines, food pairings not to mention your tableclothes!!!!!!

Ramona

What state is Warren in because we have a Warren in Ct. About 35
minutes from me. If your in Ct. I'll be over tonight for leftovers.

Sorry Wade,
You're a long way from us!
smiley19.gif
We're in Minnesota, 60 miles south of Canada and 20 miles east of North Dakota. Northern and Curt could make it for dinner, but I think you'd have to plan for several days of driving.

geocorn said:
Have you ever thought of opening a restaurant?
When I was in high school I wanted to own and run a truckers cafe. Then I became an adult and decided I never wanted to work that hard.
smiley36.gif

Well maybe you can just ship the leftovers in a doggybag fedex one day air. LOL.
smiley36.gif

Yesterday we opened a locally produced wine. Northern Winos gave this to me when I went for a visit at her place.
20060814_174202_Tropical_Medley.jpg

Tropical Medley was the wine that was served with oven-fried cod, herb beer bread, (Leinie's BerryWeiss added a sweetness to the bread) cukes, tomatoes & kalorabi from the garden, tomato veggie aspic that had too many veggies in it, and red velvet cake w/walnuts between the layers.
20060814_174426_Tropical_Medley.jpg

No one was hungry after supper!
smiley36.gif

And I sure enjoyed the leftovers for lunch today. For some reason though, there was no wine left... I just can't figure that one out.
The wine has a wonderful fruity smell to it but it doesn't overpower the flavor of the wine. You can taste the fruit without it being fruity/sweet. (Don't you love my wine tasting terms?) Pretentious? No. Full of flavor with good body and legs? Yes.

How many more bottles of wine do you have left............. I don't know if I can take much more of looking at that terrific looking food.............

You wouldn't happen to rent out rooms in your house do you?...........

Martha, I mean PwP,

Everything is perfect, down to the linens!! It's a good thing!!!

Ramona

Well, we actually do rent out a room now and then!
smiley36.gif
Our regular summer boarder just returned to Austria this weekend. It's just Poor Bert and me!
Ramona, it's funny about the linens. I told Poor Bert that I've really got myself in a pickle and will have to start hitting as many garage and estate sales as I can to keep myself in "linens all y'all haven't seen yet." He thinks it's acceptable to use them more than once. I don't know about that.
smiley19.gif

jobe05 said:
How many more bottles of wine do you have left............. I don't know if I can take much more of looking at that terrific looking food.............
And the man in brown shorts (UPS) just left us a box today with 2 more bottles in it!
smiley32.gif

WOW...thanks for the great review....Your food looks wonderful and your descriptions are great...
At bottling [which wasn't very long ago] we didn't like it at all...we thought of leaving it on the streets of Trail where there are sober kids...or at the local collage...We haven't drank any of it yet...it's all down in the cellar.
Thought of giving it a year like ms.spain had suggested...thought there was too much banana taste..
20060814_182710_banana_no.gif

In a few months I might be off treatments and will be able to drink wine again...
smiley1.gif
Then life will be good!!!
smiley4.gif
Edited by: Northern Winos

Tonight we got away from the whites and went for a red. We drank Vaughn's Hollow Oak Cellars Petit Sirah with Bert's birthday dinner.
20060820_180929_Oak2.jpg

The wine has a rich color and full flavor that doesn't leave the mouth right away. A dry aroma was a good introduction to the taste.
20060820_181131_Oak1.jpg

Being Bert's birthday dinner, I served what he likes. Meat and potatoes! Along with a couple of veggies, of course. Although it didn't make it to the photo shoot we had lime meringue pie for dessert.
One of the things I really enjoyed about this wine is that even after the sweetness of the pie, the wine still tasted good! I don't find that often with a dryer wine after something sweet.
smiley32.gif

Latest posts

Back