grapes

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sirs

just an oldman
Reaction score
I finally found out the type of grapes I got there is a mixture of the 3.
1st Petit Verdot
2nd Cabernet Sauvignon
3rd Chambourcin
I got 6 1/2 gallons going of the mixture going now and starting another probly 7 gallon batch tomorrow. Thing is first batch I added simple syrup too with abit extra water becasue the mixture was lets say thick but this batch is way juicier. I got an SG reading of 1.074 with what I got crushed so far. I've got 3 more gallon thawing to crush yet from a different picking so SG may change. But thinking I may not do syrup with water but juice instead this time.

Anyway my question is this what type of wine would you call this? A mutt wine?? Just trying to figure what to call it.

Petite Verdot is a good blending wine for Cabs as it adds a nice mid palate to the Cab and is very dark with lots of tannin so those two are perfect together. Chabourcin is also a good blender with its dark color and assertive peppery taste but is not as heavy as a Cab or the Verdot. I think you will have a nice blend there and dont know why the first batch was so thick. It sounds like it became concentrated somehow. Any idea on the percentatages?

when we where picking we went a little crazy just was getting the bigger and best looking bunches, which took no time I'd say probl 60 5 of the first batch was the Cabs rest was just whatever looked best at the time, this last batch probly has more of the Petit in them. Either way both the juices tasted good

Latest posts

Back