What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That two hour wrap made them fall off the bone tender. I was lifting them out of the foil and back to the smoker to tighten up the bark a little and they just kept breaking apart. They only needed a few minutes on the grill to finish and they were done. Leftovers all week!

I snagged these for $2.29/lb! :sm

Yum! Good and tender, you know you got em on the ropes when the ribs are poking out the sides and they separate when you move them, good looking vittles!

That two hour wrap made them fall off the bone tender. I was lifting them out of the foil and back to the smoker to tighten up the bark a little and they just kept breaking apart. They only needed a few minutes on the grill to finish and they were done. Leftovers all week!

I snagged these for $2.29/lb! :sm

That's a super price, see them around there every so often and always stick a few racks in the freezer.

A few years back I found a really long set of BBQ tongs that get under and grab the whole rack, makes handling them in one piece a whole lot easier.

It's that time of year again...... When "Santa Squash" goes office to office dropping off all of the extra 800lbs of squash they didn't realize would grow from a single squash plant! :)

What to do with a ginormous white pattypan squash....... What did we do B4 the Google? Stuffed Pattypan Squash to the rescue!

Actually turned out darn tasty! I think the bacon crumbles, bread crumbs and parmesan cheese helped a lot! LOL Its a meal in a vegetable!

IMG_2466.jpg

Cooler today than a normal August day, so fired up the oven and made some Lasagna. Half was with spinach (right side of image), other half without. Birthday boy got a GF Spinach Lasagna (Annie's) that he really likes. Put leftovers in individual serving containers, so lunch is set for me the rest of the week, yum!

8-8-17_Lasagna.JPG

Got too many maters? Make some tomato salsa! This recipe is based on an old Bobby Flay cooked salsa recipe. Maters, red onion, jalapenos, bell pepper, garlic, fresh cilantro, oregano and lime juice. I added some grilled vidalia onion for sweetness and grilled green tomato for some tartness. Tomatoes were some Early Girls, Better Bush and Supremo (paste) from Park seeds. All my plants are having blight issues from the wet summer, though the fruit so far is very good. Will probably head towards more expensive Burpee seeds next year.

8-9-17-maters.JPG

8-9-17-salsa.JPG

Only Jim's was fancy IMHO, I tried to go "fancy" and buy the Old El Paso "Bold" Stand Up Shells LOL

71-SnQzdTtL._SY355_.jpg

They were sealed in a box, then sealed in a metallic bag of sorts for extra protection. When opened every single shell was broken into multiple pieces.... :po

So we had basically tostada's and broken ones at that. :)

Hmmm, tacos sound good for tomorrow, just don't know if I'll go as fancy as you two did...

Both dishes look delicious!

Latest posts

Back