New Wine Room

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what are plans when you're done?? "DONE"?????? You've been showing us something new every day for quite some time now. How do you plan to top this?

Oh BTW,,,, I like the carboy storage,,,,,, Covered Reds on top and unbelievably clear whites on the bottom:) Please don't tell us those are empty's!!

So what are plans when you're done?? "DONE"?????? You've been showing us something new every day for quite some time now. How do you plan to top this?

Oh BTW,,,, I like the carboy storage,,,,,, Covered Reds on top and unbelievably clear whites on the bottom:) Please don't tell us those are empty's!!

So, your two comments tie together quite nicely. Yes those clear wine carboys are indeed empties, in planning for what I'm going to do next. Make wine from grapes. Yeah, I know not as exciting as the room, but that's why I have it. I've got a Sonoma zin, chile Malbec and cab in MLF at the moment. I'll do some frozen musts between now and fall, but I'm going to get a big (for me) batch of must, a pallet of buckets. Pretty stoked.

i'd be honored,
thank you,
Dawg

OK, feet back on terra firma, dug up my old sketches from the conceptual phase, sketch attached. I'm sure there are many ways to skin this cat, but this is my way.

The attached is for your normal run of the mill 750 ml Bordeaux bottle, which is what I use for all of my wine (other than the occasional 375), green for reds, clear for whites, rose', etc. The verticals are 1x2 nominal dimensions, the 1/2 x 1/2 bottle holders are exactly 1/2 x 1/2. Distance between the verticals is 3.25", distance between the bottle holders is 3". It's efficient spacing, but not too crowded. If you wanted to tighten up the 3" between bottle holders, there is a little room to do so, but it may throw off your horizontal alignment if you have larger bottles to accomodate.

I also have some racks to handle larger bottles, and I wanted all bottles to line up horizontally, so everything is the same except the distance between the verticals, which was increased to 3-13/16", this accommodates the largest 750's I have, and because the bottle holders are all at 3" spacing, the normal and larger bottles all line up horizontally. If you tightened up the 3" bottle holder spacing for the regular 750's too much, the bigger bottles wouldn't fit well even though the verticals were spaced out to 3-13/16". Clear as mud?

Don't go too tight, or you'll risk tearing the labels off of your bottles.

IMG_3144.jpg

Got both of the tops set today, nice big solid 3 cm black granite tops. The top pic is the display counter, bottom one is the work counter.

The sink is flush mounted to the bottom of the stone top, with a 1/2" reveal from the sink top all of the way around. I have two pieces of matching stone that fit into the cutout for the sink and rest on the reveal of the sink, flush with the top. So if I don't need the sink and want the work top, I can put them in, or I could just have one in place and utilize the sink through the other half of the opening. Just a little idea to increase flexibility of the area.

By tomorrow, the adhesives will be set and the work to install the backsplashes will begin. I hope to get the crown, some little misc. trim, and the LED lighting installed over the weekend. I've never messed with the LED tape lighting, but it's 12V stuff and shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

IMG_3146.jpg

IMG_3147.jpg

Lol, both (though the wines wouldn't concern me, I can only have kosher wine, so it would probably cost me double as much as you paid to load it)

Lol, both (though the wines wouldn't concern me, I can only have kosher wine, so it would probably cost me double as much as you paid to load it)

I'll be happy to, but won't have all of the costs in for a bit yet. I should probably add that I've gotten a fair amount of "discounts / freebies" since I own a commercial construction company and for the few trades I subcontracted work to, I used folks that I do a lot of business with.

Looks great from beginning to end, how deep is that sink and are you putting a tall gooseneck faucet in there?
Mike

Thanks Mike, I appreciate it. As for the sink, it's just a tad shy of 10" deep and is undermounted to the stone top, so the bottom of the sink is 11" or so from the top of the stone. And yes, it has a tall gooseneck faucet, 13" to the top of the curve in the faucet, 9" from the spout to the stone.

I think I know where you're going, so from the sink bottom to the spout is going to be just over 20", a little short to rotate over a carboy opening, but with a slight tilt, it will be able to dispense water into a carboy for cleaning. It also has a side sprayer with a 4' hose.

Back