What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Julie, Our thoughts and sympathies are with you and your family. Hospice can serve such a helpful role in those last few days, so glad they were there for your Mother in Law and your entire Family too.
Mike

Got my Cran Pom, Lemon Kiss, Simply Red Muscadine approved and the Noble Muscadine and Carlos Muscadine are corrected. Labeled 8 cases of Riesling and will do another 10 to 12 Cran Poms for this weekends festival in Perryopolis.

@Julie sorry for your loss. Today finished tilling my garden, went and bought some plants to add with all my seeds I already have. Got my raised garden planted. And got some of my plants and seeds planted. My eyes are bigger than my gardens lol love going to the nursery! Plus saves me money...keeps me out of the hbs lol

Had dinner with 3 of my best friends that I've known for over 30 years. A couple couldn't make it, but always good to see 'the boys', no matter how many of us there are.

Thank you everyone for the well wishes. @JohnT yes she is in a better place. She had Alzheimer's and Mike's brother and his family catered to the disease. She thought my father-in-law was trying to kill her because she found her death certificate on his desk, another time she said he had a girlfriend living upstairs and another time, she went running up to Mike's brother's house (he lived in the cul-de-sac where they live) saying his father tried to kill her. And each time he would say "I"ll check it out Mom" and not once give her a hug and say "It"s ok Mom, I'm sure he really isn't"

So in the end, she took a pile of money out of their accounts, placed them in her name only and having it in trusted to her two granddaughters. My husband had to meet with them, the attorney's, and the bank manager because this was done after their will was made. Mike's brother will not talk to their father, so Mike has to run between them getting issues resolved.

What a freekin mess!!!!!! But I know she is a much happier person now

Nice long weekend for me, not for my wife. She was scheduled to work this weekend and she also works every other holiday, and this one was the every other one. So figured I'd make the best of it. I'm on my fifth load of laundry (I don't fold, that's her job when she gets home), racked two wines that were overdue to free up a carboy for the OB Cranberry Chianti that I'm about to rack out of the primary. Bottled the second part of my Merlot blend ( @Johnd - I made it a year!) and may bottle another unsuspecting victim if I can get it degassed, just not sure which one it will be.

A much nicer day outside than they forecasted, so may end up outside planting my tomato plants since it finally is staying warm around these parts. Latest I've ever done that.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

I never doubted you @ceeaton!!!!

I'm glad someone didn't doubt me, I know I did! Now let's see how creative I can get to allow the rest of my reds to hit one year without buying any more carboys. Right now I have empty 5 and 3 gallon carboys, but no 6's. I have one open 3, so I guess I could get another 3 and split a batch. Or I could just rack to a 5 and drink the rest (interesting proposition).

Oh heck, it's only 20 some dollars for a carboy. I've wasted that much brain power worrying about what I'll do. Don't have that much brain power to spare. Better to have too many carboys than not enough, just so I don't decide I need to fill all of the empty ones.

I'm glad someone didn't doubt me, I know I did! Now let's see how creative I can get to allow the rest of my reds to hit one year without buying any more carboys. Right now I have empty 5 and 3 gallon carboys, but no 6's. I have one open 3, so I guess I could get another 3 and split a batch. Or I could just rack to a 5 and drink the rest (interesting proposition).

Oh heck, it's only 20 some dollars for a carboy. I've wasted that much brain power worrying about what I'll do. Don't have that much brain power to spare. Better to have too many carboys than not enough, just so I don't decide I need to fill all of the empty ones.

If you have the space, more carboys is the ticket. I've got 14 sixes and the three barrels, that's holding me pretty solid for now.

Packing. I have to leave for the entire month of June!
Hubby's mom has alzheimer's and his sister is taking a month off to go to Europe(she usually looks after their mom.) She's in a home (his mom)but doesn't have full care yet.I have to get everything set up while I'm down there because the time has come that she needs "daily" care.
It'll be another month away from home and hubby.It seems I'm away a lot lately.My wines are all racked and sitting fine.At least hubby can keep an eye on the airlocks

Kim, great to hear you can help out a family member, not so great being away from your hubby for so long. Are you close enough you'll see him occasionally? Don't know what I'd do without my wife around, probably drink too much wine! Hoping for the best for you and your family.

Good luck Kim! It is just not easy watching someone living with that disease!

Are you close enough you'll see him occasionally?
No it's too far a drive for me.It's about 550 km and over the stupid Coquihalla.
It is just not easy watching someone living with that disease!
I know. I knew exactly where you were coming from in your post on it.It's real sad to watch someone deteriorate with it.
It's going to be a long month. Good news is the kids have moved down to the coast now so I'll be staying with them and tucking the grand babies in every night!

Back