What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drinking a Wylie winery 2011 Elderberry. Julie did a great job with this one. Great mouthfeel, beautiful color and a taste that hits the tongue and lets you know that elderberry is in the bottle. It almost smells like a hint of chocolate on the nose....

I'm drinking my 1st blueberry wine. It didn't turn out bad for first shot. It's at 13 months now. I did jswordy's recipe.

A moment of silence for last nights fallen soldiers please. 07' Gorman Bully, 08' Sparkman Ruckus, 09' Bookwalter Antithesis……… Decanted all for 45 mins. Served with grilled Tri-tip cooked over Pecan wood. Potatoes au-gratin, Haricots Verts (green beans) with Pancetta, Summer salad with Summer fruits and vegetables. :sm

IMG_2337.jpg

What did you think if the bully? I have some in my cellar I haven't tried yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

The Bully was voted the best wine over all and best with the Tri-tip. Amazing wine from start to last glass. The Ruckus was amazing on its own but didn't seem to hold up well with the Tri-tip. On its own it was mesmerizing in the glass. Aromatically drawing you in and keeping you there. It did not disappoint either and was highest scoring wine of the night (WS). The Antithesis was excellent also and paired very well with the meal but could not stand up next to the Bully. I have been holding these for several years now and they were easily worth the wait. Very fun evening and you are in for a treat with the Bully. FYI this wine is "unfined and unfiltered" and actually had quite a bit of sediment and even a few crushed pieces of grape skin in the bottle!

I brought my wine expert eclipse Pinot Gris and Savignon Blanc to a Fourth of July dinner yesterday. People enjoyed both bottles. These are the two first white wines I made.

Sampling some WE LE Grenache Rose to see if it's worthy of bringing to the beach later this month. Too early to tell. I think I need another glass to begin the judging process. :dg

Hot Dirty & Salty!
Which is grey goose vodka, Tabasco, olive juice, green olives filled with creame cheese!

ImageUploadedByWine Making1404996676.717853.jpg

Elmer, we're on the same page. I like Absolut and very dirty. This was not dirty enough for me. I'll have to try the tabasco next time. Sounds great.

10530660_10100486534328439_7080631837864737421_n.jpg

ImageUploadedByWine Making1405564548.403329.jpg
2013 rj spag super Tuscan.
Aged a Month in oak barrel.
It is good, good, good.

I am rather enjoying a Blueberry Dragon's Blood tonight. This stuff is addictive - even for wine snobs like myself.

A glass of RJS VdV Pinot Noir kit wine ($75.00 from LHBS). 6 gallon batch was back sweetened with 2 cups of sugar and bottled last December. Easily equates to a $10.00 store bought bottle. [Technically last night as I'm posting this Thursday morning.]

2014 we select Brunello. Barrel aged for a month. Still in carboy with Hungarian oak cubes (carboy and a few bottles for storage)
Had to top up and had to drink the rest.
I thought it was to oaky at first, but it is darn near perfect.
Can't wait to taste it after it has aged for a good while
ImageUploadedByWine Making1405651882.673437.jpg

A bottle from the second of my two batches of Red Mountain Trio - a 2012 CC Limited Release. It's 18 months old now and really getting good. Oak is still a little strong, but it is just about where it needs to be.

Tonight my red solo cup contains my homemade Cranberry Port. I made this from 4 16 oz. cans of whole berry cranberry sauce and 1.50 gallons of cranberry juice. Brown and white sugar to SG of 1.145. It stopped ferminting at 1.013. About 17% by my calculater. Flavored vodka to 22%. It is slightly dry, sweet but not too much so with a nice tart flavor. My first port!! I did good Ya'll.

Joe

Guinness
I know this is wine talk but it takes a long time to fill the pipe line so I am looking for a mor instant gratification :)

Latest posts

Back