What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm celebrating my (almost) complete brew room!!! Just have a little trim and the wine rack left....... I can't wait to get everything out of my kitchen!!!

image-4071535376.jpg

image-422153290.jpg

okay, Mark, I'm drooling over that....

Racked and stabilized the Concord and Key Lime Skeeter Pee. Racked the Cran Lime Pee and added the Cran concentrate. Gonna let it settle and backsweeten to 1.010 and bottle.

Hey doug, answer your text....

We took a week off to de-stress. Wife putting in 70 hour weeks leading up to tax time. Last six weeks, I have only been home 4 full nights. Surfing around internet and found a great deal on some flights and rooms. Heading to Vegas Sunday. Five days in Sin City, no work and more importantly, no phone!!:dg:sm.

Ok Mark, Ready for you to come work on mine.....lol. I've gotta dig me a basement first....The old 1940's farm house just got a 1/4 basement with red clay bricks. Crowded with my first six wines and all the other stuff kept down there. The wife and I are looking to win the lottery and put in a full basement. :h :h

Racked two batches and cleaned some bottles this morning. I'm loving my new All In One vacuum pump.

Drove to Ohio today to pick up a new Maltese Puppy, stopped at Breitenbach Winery. All wines were top notch. Came home had Ravioli for dinner with 2 bottles of their wine. Looking forward to a day in the Cellar tomorrow. Need to keep a close eye on the puppy with our Husky. I think all is good for now.

ffemt128 said:
Drove to Ohio today to pick up a new Maltese Puppy, stopped at Breitenbach Winery. All wines were top notch. Came home had Ravioli for dinner with 2 bottles of their wine. Looking forward to a day in the Cellar tomorrow. Need to keep a close eye on the puppy with our Husky. I think all is good for now.

Breitenbach is only about three miles from me. I enjoy their wine often.

It's sulfite day, in my wine room... E'eryone gets it today..

And come to realize, my winemaking notes are in shambles.. I've got ripped out, loose leaf paper all over.. And they've naturally reorganized themselves.. So i've gotta sort through and transcribe all that junk into something presentable...

Dude,

One of these works wonders......... :)

notebook.jpg

Deezil, your mistake is - you tore the pages out of the book!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

It was a different book! The end of the last book, and some were just scratched out on a handy piece of paper 'cause the notebook wasnt handy... And yeah... I made a mess of things, huh?

I'll get it all fixed up though, but first i gotta fill up the Yard Waste can before it gets dark

.. 'Cause it didnt happen yesterday :)

Made pasta from scratch for the first time tonight.

Note: less than perfect fresh pasta is WAY better than perfectly cooked store bought pasta.

Every time I want to go downstairs to work in the winery, life interrupts. Yesterday it was paying the bills. Tonight it was doing the FAFSA forms for the daughter. Maybe tomorrow night....

WOO HOO!!! I got to go down to the winery after getting home late. Added some sparkelloid to the Key Lime Skeeter Pee and checked the Muscato (ph 2.63, TA about 0.80%). Then got thrown out of the winery so the wife can keep training on the treadmill for her half marathon. So I'm relegated to the TV and computer.

Racked the Zinfandel, Merlot and Brunello, they all taste very nice!!!
Made another batch of Rocket red ale.

Took the day off since our daughter was off school, She was complaining about having to go to daycare for the day. She doesn't like it anymore now that she's a school-ager. Anyway, this am we bottled our Catawba-Fredonia blend. Very good in my opinion, we are going to call it A-do, because there's much a do about wine and Andrea wanted here initials on the wine label. Heading down to have lunch with my wonderful wife, then coming home to bottle the Concord-Fredonia-Catawba blend. Need to think of a name for this one.

Latest posts

Back