Wine Kitz Wine MakingQuestions

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rzevskiy7777

Junior
Reaction score
Hi all I am new to wine making and have two basic questions that I hope you can help me with.

1) Do I need to rinse bottles after sterilizing with metabisulfite?
2) I did the degassing and added stabilizer and cleaner to my wine it looks like there might still be CO2 in the wine. Is it okay to use the bottle vacuum after adding the cleaner and stabilizer?

Thanks!

No, do not rinse after santizing with k-meta

And do you mean clearer instead of cleaner? Leave the wine sit for awhile. If you added superklear then you should leave it do it's thing.

I'll soak my bottles for a few minutes in decent hot water and k-meta I'll give them a quick bottle brush scrub, drain then hang on the bottle tree. Usually I'll be bottling in 10-15 minutes. By then most of the solution has dripped out and they are ready to be filled.

That minute amount of sulfite in there won't hurt anything.

I do pretty much the same thing as Steve except I rinse the bottles in very hot water, hit them with K-meta in my Vinator and then drain them. I know that there is a small amount of K-meta left in the bottles which I feel is a good thing in that it is a little more protetion for the wine.

Thanks everyone for your replies :D

I am on the right track with bottles than.:db

With degassing oops - I meant clearer

Thanks everyone for your replies :D

I am on the right track with bottles than.:db

With degassing oops - I meant clearer

LOL, I was wondernig becasue I was having a hard time believing you had put a cleaner in your wine.

Let the clearing agent to it's thing and then check to see if it needs further degassing, my guess is it won't.

LOL, I was wondernig becasue I was having a hard time believing you had put a cleaner in your wine.

Let the clearing agent to it's thing and then check to see if it needs further degassing, my guess is it won't.

Thanks Julie. Nice Jeep by the way, do you go offroading sometime?

Latest posts

Back