Post your labels here

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see. I think he is referring to Semenn.

I liked trying to decode them. I realized that the word that looks like "BNHO" is "vino" and the word that looks like "WATO" is "chateau." I did not make a lot more progress....

Last edited:
Sometimes it is not necessary to decipher or translate. In principle, it is clear that this is a label for wine and our hobby.

Last edited:
J-Hat
An interesting idea of using a beard on a label, cool! For a young wine you can use a light unshaven, aged light beard, and for an old wine a real old man's beard!:b

Last edited:
My first try (at wine and labels). I was somewhat limited by a b&w printer so I used a picture my son took when visiting the Brooklyn Bridge with his senior class last spring. Now that he sees it on my bottles, he feels like a "real photographer ".
ImageUploadedByWine Making1501677839.169655.jpg

My first try (at wine and labels). I was somewhat limited by a b&w printer so I used a picture my son took when visiting the Brooklyn Bridge with his senior class last spring. Now that he sees it on my bottles, he feels like a "real photographer ".

Looks professional. Next year I want to do something like that. Mine is still very much cheap hobby label wine, which is appropriate for my "quality" of wine.

I personally love the Quaker like simplicity of Buccella Wine's label with nothing but the year (with the half "hand written" look) and a large wax seal. Posted for inspiration. Less is often more. :h

2014-buccella-cabernet-sauvignon.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 38070

I think the black and white look for that image / label gives it a simplistic elegance.

I say fantastic job!

The background is that we have several Rhone blends, one is a Syrah dominant one - The North. One is a Grenache dominant one - The South. One label has a demo istock background that would be purchased without water markings if we went with that one.

Latest posts

Back