What are you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Runningwolf

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After I cut my grass (just cut it on Saturday) I am going to hang out in the cool basement and rack my Washingtone valley Riesling then make another batch of Skeeter Pee. Also going to wash some bottles.

Thinking of starting the 4 kits that i brought back from George. These are all Orchard Breezin - Peach Chardonnay; Raspberry Zin; and 2 Kiwi Melon Pinot Grigio. Daughters wedding is Sept 4th (here at HOME) and got to get lots of wine ready. Plus, I have to bottle six cases of a red blend in cobalt blue 375's bottles also from George. That's 144 bottles!!! What am I doing? Fortunately a I can borrow a 3 bottle filler and that sure will help.

Congrats to Dan in MD!
smiley32.gif

Dan in PA, IS that a CC Showcase Yakima Valley Riesling? If so I am very interested in this one so post some tasting notes!

Me, I am just plain old working..........
smiley19.gif

Congratulations Dan on Graduation! Now get your ass out to work! LOL

Mike, This is a WE Washington Columbia Valley Riesling, sorry. But being the pal I am, If you send me one I will try it and keep you posted. Heck, I'll even send you a video of it bubbling if you want, And no solid bungs!!

Hey congrats Dan. Good luck!

What am I doing today - not too much- it is too darned warm!

I began by going to the Willsboro Cold Hardy Vineyard and took the Phenology data for the week and then finished the initial post prune shoot count including non-growing buds. I could have gegun popping off secondary and tertiary buds as needed, but instead I came home and just got done entering the data into the spreadsheet.

This afternoon I will rack some wines in the winery where it is about 70. Then I will see what else I can find inside!
smiley36.gif

I'm just playing on the net today. A friend gave me a site in FB that has had me entertained for that past couple of days.
Dan in MD - congratulations
Mike - those solid bungs work well if you ever have empty carboys, just put some kmeta in and use the solid bung, the carboy is ready whenever you are
Dan in PA - My son feels for you, he just finish mowing, we are into summer full swing so its twice a week mowing for the boys. We are going to have to expand our back patio when they start moving out - I don't like to mow!
Rich - today is rather cool for us, expected high only 88

Drinking as I had a freaking wonderful day! Sarcasm! Got beat to death at work and come home to a laptop that my wife just fried the hardrive! She shut it down by holding the off button in the middle of a scan and fix disc and somehow that fried it. Also discovered a Sheetrock screw sticking out of my rear tire! Mama Mia! This might require something a little stronger then wine.

Working my 9-6 job because millions of people on welfare depend on me.
smiley3.gif

I give up, right after I posted the last post here above I stepped away and came back to the desktop comp which I was using only to find something wrong with that now so now Im on my daughters laptop! It is not a virus, I know its the hard drive on the laptop but think its whats called a pop fuse on the desktop. Im running out of computers fast here!

Not to pee in anyone's cherrios, since Wade already did it.
smiley4.gif

It was a bad week here. Discovered my house had uninvited guests about 9 days ago. Formosan termites. I plead to you all to get a termite control in place if you don't already have it. $1700 lighter and that's just the start. But according to termidor and Orkin, it will have a 14 year residual
effect.

Going to have to remediate the damage when we are certain the colony is dead. Not sure how much that is going to cost, but I have friends that will work for beer and wine so that helps tremendously.

Sincere congrats to you Dan, and Vcasey, please share that facebook site if its not personal.... One good site I can share is

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com

Man we have our share of ups and downs between everyone.

I am just working, full moon tonight oh boydoes that bring them out of the wood work. Every town has their odd ducks but there must be some that are short because we have them
smiley29.gif

gaudet said:
Not to pee in anyone's cherrios, since Wade already did it.
smiley4.gif

It was a bad week here. Discovered my house had uninvited guests about 9 days ago. Formosan termites. I plead to you all to get a termite control in place if you don't already have it. $1700 lighter and that's just the start. But according to termidor and Orkin, it will have a 14 year residual
effect.

Going to have to remediate the damage when we are certain the colony is dead. Not sure how much that is going to cost, but I have friends that will work for beer and wine so that helps tremendously.

Sincere congrats to you Dan, and Vcasey, please share that facebook site if its not personal.... One good site I can share is

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com</span>

Sorry about that, termites are a pain to deal with. We listened to my dad from the start and have a control system in place and someone actually checking it to make sure.
The site is just a place for old Disney Monorail Pilots and I've been catching up with old friends. My husband and I have been having lots of fun remembering our time spent working at the Mouse House (20 years for each of us). Lots of pics of folks we know and not and of my beautiful trains. I even have some ideas for labels. Its public so feel free to look around http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2212486775. I was there right as the EPCOT Beam was being built and was the first person to drive a monorail on the EPCOT Beam (no kidding). Hubby and I met there as well. The timing of this discovery was amazing since we just celebrated our anniversary

I never got to play yesterday in the basement like I wanted to but today I did. Racked my riesling and started some Pee with the addition of Cranberry/apple juice. Cable guys came today to bury me cable that was strung across the yard. I gave both of the guys a bottle of wine before they started and then I took off. hehe you would never know they were here except for the cable being buried. They did a perfect job and took extra care cleaning up! Also racked my first batch of Pee, stablized and back sweetend.

Latest posts

Back