WineXpert Island Mist Hard Pink Lemonade

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bottled our Pink Lemonade over the weekend. I got 29 full bottles and 1 partial. That last partial bottle was surprisingly good for only being 3 months old. I added the full F-pack at the end, because I think lemonades should be sweet, and it is everything I hoped for. My wife and I agree Winexpert did a fantastic job with the Pink Lemonade kit, so we would definitely buy this one (or a variant of it) again if it keeps being offered each year.

How long do Island Mist kits generally stay good in the bottle? Label Peelers has this kit on clearance and I'm thinking about buying 2 of them. Would this kit still be drinkable come this time next year?

Last edited:
Just started my Blueberry HL today. Added about 1/3 of fpack up front to reduce sweetness. Smells very good. SG is 1.058. I know I'm behind, but it will be ready by next summer!

I don't get the last step. It says add the f-pack after clearing and stabilizing without racking and then to immediately bottle. If that's the case you are going to bottle when the lemonade is still on the stirred up sediment. I'm going to re rack after clearing then add the f-pack, wait a few days, then bottle.

Last edited:
I bought another kit from the LP clearance, this one just the hard pink lemonade.
For the kit Friday and started that night.
By last night it has gone from 1.080 to 0.994 just in 3 days...while smokes that was a fast ferment.... [emoji4]

I bought another kit from the LP clearance, this one just the hard pink lemonade.
For the kit Friday and started that night.
By last night it has gone from 1.080 to 0.994 just in 3 days...while smokes that was a fast ferment.... [emoji4]

Mine was bubbling after a couple of hours! Vigorous fermenting these past two days, maybe I should check my reading as wel, but the instructions say to leave it undisturbed for 5-7 days....what's a newb to do?
The whole house smells awesome!

Mine fermented to .990 in 5 days.

The instructions say to rack to a carboy, after 5-7 days, leaving thickest sediment behind. Did anyone stir it before doing this step, allowing it to settle again, then siphon? Also says not to top off at this step (secondary 10 days)...did you all do thus as instructed? Thanks!

What I always do for my kist is to let them ferment to a bit below 1.000 using an open bucket, then I rack leaving sediment behind. Then I let them sit for some time, a week or possible two depending on the SG number at racking, measure SG a couple times to see if it is changing or not, then I proceed to stabilize. It works for me.

Today, day 5, mine is at 1.10. Instructions say to rack to carboy at 1.10 or below. Thought I would give it another day or two to get a little lower. It is vigorously bubbling. Thoughts?

Yes, I meant 1.010. Thanks, for the advice, it just didn't seem right to rack so fast. I appreciate all your help! One more question, would you top off after racking? Instructions say not to at thus point.

The instructions say to rack to a carboy, after 5-7 days, leaving thickest sediment behind. Did anyone stir it before doing this step, allowing it to settle again, then siphon? Also says not to top off at this step (secondary 10 days)...did you all do thus as instructed? Thanks!

I stir all of my fermentations daily.

Mine fermented to .990 in 5 days.

Ok, so mine was at .996 at 7 days. I racked to secondary and it is gurgling slightly. Did you leave yours in the secondary for the full 10 days, even with your SG already so low? Is it ok to let it sit for the recommended 10 days before proceeding to the next step?

Latest posts

Back