still have headspace

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

countrygirl

Reaction score
got the bungs!!!, racked the blueberry to 1 gallon jugs. this is the first time i've ever siphoned anything (me and hubby rofloao while we type this).
filled up a gallon and was going to wine bottles for top offs, but when we filled up 2 we decided to go for another gallon jug. now i have one full, beautiful gallon of blueberry wine and one 2/3 full. do i need to go to the wine bottles with air locks (got the small #2's ordered, too) or top this second gallon jug off with a like wine? i feel like i'm juggling wine, help!
(btw, i've labeled my gallon jugs #1 and #2, because i know #2 had more sediment and maybe some of my spit, too, still roflmao)

HAHAHHA @ spit in #2....yall will never know its there after a few glasses LOL!!!

and run to the dollar store , grab some marbles , sanitize said marbles and drop them into the one that is 2/3 full untill it reaches the level you want.easy peasy fix!

You can displace as Nikki said (Good job girl, you can comre out of the corner for awhile) or you can just wait the few days and transfre back to bottles to elevialte the missing volume.

(WOOT WOOT im outta the corner.....wonder how long till i go back)

lemme know what you choose!!!

My head has been spaced for years girl, I think you'll be fine.

I haven been in here much this weekend due to my large rummage sale.

I can't wait to be find out what Nikki did to go in the corner again.

You think she would have learned her lesson by now!!!

:i

mad dash to dollar store...no marbles:( (thanks for the idea, jc)
beginning to think i don't have any either:se
what the h*ll, i topped it off with a rose/blush. consider jug #1 the "good jug" and jug #2, "the experiment".

oh, steve, i will have to make some kind of special label for this one. thanks for the idea. thanks guys, you make this hobby much more fun!

IMG_6155.jpg

#2 is on the left
#1 in on the right (oh, my numbers show up pretty good in the pic)
obvious differences!
good jug is beautiful color, no foam, very little sediment
"the experiment" has an inch of sediment, 1/4 in. foam and is bubbling away...
i think i may stick with larger batches...or i need more practice :ib

Like always, I'm a bit confused???
How did syphoning the wine, get spit?
When I syphon,,, any wine that gets in my mouth,,,, I swallow!
Now if it's syphoning gas, or diesel,,,, I spit! :h

:slp
just caught by surprise...i'll know better next time, lol.
actually to be raw stuff, it wasn't bad...better than my lambrusco kit i sampled...

Latest posts

Back