Ancient Greek Wine Glasses

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Dan has a few of those he made when he first started making wine! :)

Cool article, I wonder if we took a poll what we would find out about the cups each of us use to drink wine? I really don't like long stem glasses myself, I like the stemless glasses.

lol most of my wine is tasted with a shot glass (when im making it). But Drinking wise i still always use a normal wine glass.

myself I like the older water glasses like you used to see in restaurants there is a short one and a tall slender one I like the tall slender ones, I'll see if I can a pic of one of each tomorrow
ok it's tomorrow LOL
picture.php

the one on the left is the one I like LOL

Last edited:
My wife and I like our giant goblets... however... they don't fit very well in the dish washer... so we are back to a traditional red wine glass.

my favorite glass has a 4 inch bulb-base and a 2.5 inch opening. I find that I can swirl the wine and have the glass trap the aromas. It acts like a "nose megaphone" so that you can get a real intense smell. Great is you want to check out a wine's subtile components.

Back