What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
began backsweetening 60 gallons of Catawba/Fredonia blend and bottled 6 cases of cab, 6 cases of our Concord/Niagara blush and 3 cases of our Concord/Niagara/Fredonia. Wine show Saturday in Pittsburgh

Sitting in the deer stand with my lovely wife. After 6 weeks of neck brace confinement, she got the ok from her doc to lose the brace. A little more prodding, he finally agreed that it would be ok if she shot a small rifle one time. Last weekend of the season, and she's a good shot.......

Sitting in the deer stand with my lovely wife. After 6 weeks of neck brace confinement, she got the ok from her doc to lose the brace. A little more prodding, he finally agreed that it would be ok if she shot a small rifle one time. Last weekend of the season, and she's a good shot.......

Good luck to your wife and you

I'm hoping that right about now you're hanging her monster buck...

Wend grocery shopping, sliced up my fresh bacon, got the ski rack on the car, making lasagna and helping wife tidy up a bit. We are finally starting reconstruction work this week. Before the drywall and paint starts, we're having an electrician come in and install some extra recessed lights. Should have fresh drywall and paint by the end of the coming week. After that, all the hardwood floors are being replaced.

Racked 130l of 2016 Sangiovese to blow off H2S. Two years in a row, both times with Syrah yeast. Looking for a new yeast for next year.

Just finished mopping the floor. Now to try my new all in one to bottle last year's Riesling.

I love winery Saturday
:db

Racked 130l of 2016 Sangiovese to blow off H2S. Two years in a row, both times with Syrah yeast. Looking for a new yeast for next year.

Just finished mopping the floor. Now to try my new all in one to bottle last year's Riesling.

I love winery Saturday
:db

Have you checked out Renaissance yeasts? I used 2 of their samples and an waiting on the bulk aging results.

Have you checked out Renaissance yeasts? I used 2 of their samples and an waiting on the bulk aging results.

I hadn't heard of them. I think I'll try a free trial package this fall. I used Syrah on both my Sangiovese and Syrah last year and both had H2S, Syrah not quite as bad. Sangiovese had it in 2014 and 2015 as well. So, if my Sangiovese is prone to H2S then perhaps this will be a solution. Thanks for the tip.

My wife and I cleaned out that closet everyone has and doesn't want to look at. It was a great thing. This is one thing we found. That isn't all of it. We counted the cash (mostly ones) and quarters. Over $80. It was in one of those school candy fund raising boxes. My older daughter didn't remember it at all. It was from 1999 when she was a sophomore in High school. It did pay for a nice dinner for my wife and I. Then we went to Menopause the Musical. It was a hot. Thankfully we are past all of that.

1485703835846.jpg

Latest posts

Back