Vineco Kenridge Showcase Line

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By the time you add in shipping to me (which is not flat rate with them) the cost is just as much as my regular retailer (FVW).

I updated my post. Only $109.49 for that kit. Not too long ago, they announced lower shipping rates. ~$16 shipping to my place in VA for that kit.

I bottled Kenridge Showcase NZ Sauvignon Blanc on 19/9/14, Eclipse Marlborough Sauvignon Balnc on19/9/14 and the Kenridge Showcase Sauvignon Blanc France and Kenridge Classic on 16/3/15.

The showcase is £70, eclipse £120 and classic £47 in the Uk, and to be honest the prices reflect the quality difference pretty well.

I have 27 eclipse, 15 showcase NZ, 25 showcase France and 8 classic left....

I thought the difference in the US pricing was expensive for Kenridge though...but at these prices, the Showcase is fantastic.

I've been making some Cellar Craft reds for the future and have just got three whites to make (2 x Chardonnay and a Viognier)when I get round to it.

Wow, thanks for that feedback! So in your opinion the Eclipse is hands down the better wine over the Kenridge Showcase NZ Sauv Blanc?

If the cost was similar yes. At the price points we are paying over here they are all great and have their place....

Considering thats probably my only option for a NZ SB……….

I am good to go for awhile since I just got my last one cleared this week. I bought that one pre-MAP.

I just got my last one cleared this week. I bought that one pre-MAP.

Mike,
Slightly off topic, but do you use the clearing agents provided in a kit or did you allow "time in a bottle" to coin a phrase do the clearing?
I only ask, because I just racked the RJS Carrusel this past weekend, I am on the fence on time vs clearing.
Thanks,

Steve

I have always used the fining agents on my white kit wines. I don't bottle before 3 months time (bulk aging) and I always filter whites with a 1 micron filter.

Mike,
Thanks, that settles it, I will add clearing agents this weekend. Put away for a few months.

Steve

Considering thats probably my only option for a NZ SB……….

I am good to go for awhile since I just got my last one cleared this week. I bought that one pre-MAP.

Mike:

I have one of these Eclipse NZ SB's I've been meaning to start for a while and am planning on getting it going this weekend.

Did you set the EC-1118 aside and use the K1-V1116, or swap to another yeast? I saw on a post from a couple years ago you had tried the BA-11 on this kit, how'd that work out??

Yeast swap with BA11. Turned out fantastic as far as aroma and flavors. Only thing missing was the wine needed more acid IMO. Little flat at 3.48 pH so I dropped it down below 3.30 and it zings nicely and hits on all the notes.

BA11: In Sauvignon Blanc, fresh fruit aromas of citrus, pear/melon, tropical fruit and some spice develop, along with clean aromatics, lingering flavours, and an intensified mouthfeel.

I'm assuming you made that adjustment post fermentation and clearing with Tartaric acid??

Not quizzing you, just making mental notes for a few weeks down the road...........

Yes, and more importantly with the wine fully degassed. Again I as I have mentioned on several other occasions there seemed to be something missing with many of my White wines (kit). The pH on almost all come out higher than their counterparts (commercial) They IMO taste a little flat/flabby especially after about 10-15 min in a glass. A little tweaking with some tartaric seems to bring it around to more of my liking.

I also am eye balling that kit and will use BA11.
I recently used BA11 (thanks Mike) on a CellarCraft Passport - Sav Blanc Muscat and really liked this yeast, will definitely use again.

Mike:

I have one of these Eclipse NZ SB's I've been meaning to start for a while and am planning on getting it going this weekend.

Did you set the EC-1118 aside and use the K1-V1116, or swap to another yeast? I saw on a post from a couple years ago you had tried the BA-11 on this kit, how'd that work out??

FWIW, I use the K1-V1116 and set the EC-1118 aside. I did my first with both (giving the V1116 a head start), and like the results better with just the V1116.

Yes, and more importantly with the wine fully degassed. Again I as I have mentioned on several other occasions there seemed to be something missing with many of my White wines (kit). The pH on almost all come out higher than their counterparts (commercial) They IMO taste a little flat/flabby especially after about 10-15 min in a glass. A little tweaking with some tartaric seems to bring it around to more of my liking.

No problems with degassing here........... thanks for the info.

FWIW, I use the K1-V1116 and set the EC-1118 aside. I did my first with both (giving the V1116 a head start), and like the results better with just the V1116.

I think that's going to be my fall back position, I'm headed to New Orleans shortly for a meeting and will stop by the LHBS there to pick up some supplies and see if they have BA-11 in the fridge, hopefully, they'll have it. Breaking down and passing my 12 carboy limit, getting two more.......

Latest posts

Back