Vineco Kenridge Showcase Line

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NZ Sauv Blanc is dry and crisp but it has so many flavors that just kind of explode in your mouth it almost seems like it might be off dry but its not. I picked up several bottles of Nobilo which is pretty much available in most chain grocery stores. Its a nice example at a decent price.

2011-Nobilo-Sauvignon-Blanc.jpg

I second Mike's recommendation. Around $11 here and very nice for that price. My sister-in-law calls it the 'devil wine'. It's evil and sneaks up on you. :)

I got mine for ~$7 a bottle on sale back at Xmas. Top up wine for my Eclipse NZ SB!

The pH of my Eclipse Kit ended up at a whopping 3.43 after degassing and clearing. The Nobilo was 3.28 in comparison. The Eclipse had a nice aroma but not much zing on the palette. I added 20gm Tartaric and that dropped the pH down to 3.28.

This thing zings nicely now and taste like you could drink it right now and its only ~2.5 weeks old. Gotta love it.

In Canada that kit runs about $140 I beleive they are on sale right now at lhbs 20% off.

NZ Sauv Blanc is dry and crisp but it has so many flavors that just kind of explode in your mouth it almost seems like it might be off dry but its not. I picked up several bottles of Nobilo which is pretty much available in most chain grocery stores. Its a nice example at a decent price.

2011-Nobilo-Sauvignon-Blanc.jpg

Man, and that bottle looks NICE or what....:HB

So just got a quick reply back from Vineco………

Hello,

If you visit our Vineco website, there is a field where you can populate your address and it will bring up all retailers near you.

Thank you
Julie

There are NO retailers in my state for any Vineco products. So using their website in the manner she suggested returns ZERO retailers…….

GRRRRRRRR…….. Needless to say I had to send her more details and yet another polite request for a listing of retailers in the US that sell the Kenridge Showcase line.

And the hits just keep coming from Vineco……………

Hi Michael
Try Water 2 Wine they 5124659463 they have many locations in Texas
Cheers
Robyn

Had to explain to her that Water 2 WIne is a BOP (Brew on Premise) franchise and that they are not a traditional retailer that will ship something out to you….

Sometimes these wine manufacturers don't even know that some of the retailers posted on their web site do not even carry their line.

BTW - you said you just made the Eclipse New Zealand Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc recently. Wondering how different, better/equal/etc. compared to the other kit manufacturers specific to this varietal and origin (NZ).

I assume you have tried the Kenridge Showcase in the past, is it that good compared to the Eclipse New Zealand Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc?

No, Its EXTREMELY hard to find NZ Sauv Blanc juice. RJS had an EP kit for a few years but they over switched to Aussie juice. NOT the same. WE Eclipse is currently the only source that I knew of until I heard of the Kenridge Showcase line. And no, have never tried or seen that line before this week. Thus my instant interest.

Called Costco and they carry 2 from NZ, something like Oyster Bay at $12.99 and kind of forgot the other name but it was something like King Estate (maybe?) for $13.99

I have had the Oyster Bay before and its pretty good. I like the Nobilo better though and it might be at your local supermarket. Stay away from Kim Crawford though. It used to be excellent, then they got bought out and the quality went down the tubes.

Last edited:
Its a little tricky to post a link from their website because of the way it works. You have to right click on the link (number) on the left hand side of the page and save the link, then come back here and paste it into the WMT link window.

http://www.finevinewines.com/XPListSubRe.asp?MM_PartNumber=24464

And no I have not tried that one. If I can't get my hands on the Kenridge Showcase I will give it a go for sure. Its cheap but 16L in size so might not be too bad. I love the Eclipse NZ Sauv Blanc but do not wish to pay MAP prices.

Latest posts

Back