What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know. I knew exactly where you were coming from in your post on it.It's real sad to watch someone deteriorate with it.
It's going to be a long month. Good news is the kids have moved down to the coast now so I'll be staying with them and tucking the grand babies in every night!

I imagine it will be a long month but the grand babies! Now there is a nice treat.

we did a 2 day wine show, which was excessively hot on Saturday and very wet on Sunday. It felt good to help other wineries setting up and giving some of our slow pours to a winery next door to us. though we didn't do the sales of a week before, we had a nice time and earned some experience.

It was a $20 to enter show, which got you a wine glass and you could taste the 6 wineries which were there. A first for me was a woman who came later in the day and asked (rudely) to sample a sweet wine, which I obliged. She said fine, that she would take a glass of wine and a bottle. I said fine and gave her the price of a glass of wine and a bottle. She then lectured me that since she had paid her $20, that entitled her to unlimited glasses and bottles of wine from all the wineries present. I then explained that in the real world, you can have tastings of my wine, but if you want more, you gotta buck up. She went to the promoter in a huff, and he came back and bought her a bottle of wine and explained the way a wine tasting worked.

$20 bucks for unlimited wine drinking and as many bottles as you can carry??? Sign me up too.....

We have the same type of Wine Festivals here in NM Memorial Day and Labor Day weekend. More like 30 wineries usually. $20 get you in the door and a free sh1tty wine glass. They can taste as many as they like plus buy a glass and or a bottle but you have the right to cut them off at any time if you feel they are getting drunk/wasted because if you don't and they drink and drive, you as the server can and will be held liable if they get into an DUI accident.

And the new grill is...?

It's a 4 burner with the rotisserie and searer - the Home Depot special this week. Need to get used to it. Turned 2/3 the way down and still very hot.

The old one ticked me off (3rd degree burns on two finger tips last weekend - did something stupid) and was left here by the prior homeowner. It was on the list to go for two summers now.

Plus side - I grilled up some T-bones that wowed the family.

What no built in "sauce rack"........ :)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hO4DEuYbbMk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hO4DEuYbbMk[/ame]

It's a 4 burner with the rotisserie and searer - the Home Depot special this week. Need to get used to it. Turned 2/3 the way down and still very hot.

The old one ticked me off (3rd degree burns on two finger tips last weekend - did something stupid) and was left here by the prior homeowner. It was on the list to go for two summers now.

Plus side - I grilled up some T-bones that wowed the family.

It's a 4 burner with the rotisserie

In addition to my Primo, I have a built in gas grill with the rotisserie, never had one before and didn't use it for the first few years I had it. What an awesome addition to a grill it is, as I discovered years later. It's my main tool for chicken production now. Inject the whole bird or not, season the outside or not, they come out great all the way around. Whole chicken with BBQ sauce basted on as it spins works awesome. Also like to smoke em hard on the Primo for a bit and then put them on the rotisserie to finish.

Think I'm having chicken for dinner tonite.........................

Nope, no sauce rack. The old grill was wild - 5 burners, searer, rotisserie, griddle, side burner, fridge and charcoal pit (and sauce rack). I hated it.

We do beer-butt chicken a few times over the summer. Looking forward to doing them on the rotisserie this year instead.

I should have probably seasoned the cast iron portions a little better before trying it out. But, we were all pretty hangry.

Wife and kids had a b-day party at 6. I was scheduled to coach baseball from 6-7, but thunderstorms rolled through around 5:15. So I got a couple wines racked and am enjoying some peace and quiet. Thinking about a Trader Joe's run, but the Eclipse Sauvignon Blanc is tasting pretty good...

Have my youngest daughters 9th b-day party tomorrow, so moving the carboys down from the top of the basement stairs to make the kitchen more presentable. Looks like rain tomorrow so we might have 10 kids and as many adults packed into our garage and kitchen (men in the garage, will have beer on ice). Just hope my knee holds out, was fine until I was stationary making pizza dough tonight. It isn't fun getting older.

Daughters party went off without a hitch. Did sprinkle a bit, but never got the downpour they forecasted. Had some really nice conversations with a few of the parents and got to give away some wine, and giving is what it is all about!

ImageUploadedByWine Making1465576040.652091.jpg
I think the object of this game is to hit little white ball into small round hole? [emoji466]️

Steve

Trying to get home today but was thwarted by a mad man with a rock at Dallas Love Field shutting down the airport for the rest of the day.

All day at the airport only to have my flight canceled 5 hours later. Rebooked for tomorrow AM 1st flight out. Kinda feeling like its Groundhog Day right now......

tumblr_n0depkitfa1syvo5io1_500.gif

I'm depressed. Wifey did get home to make pizza dough, so I'm getting happier. To put myself over the top I ordered a SE Int'l Malbec w/skins kit. Paid $122 w/shipping included. I'm much happier now.

Now to work on replacing two flat tires on my tractor, might need to order another kit...

Got two Chinese algae eaters, by the pictures you can see why I might be able to use their services. Have had them get up to 4" in length before, have heard they can reach 6 inches. The only other fish in the tank are 12 neon tetras, three that survived the flukes epidemic 2 years ago. They've been slowly adding to their numbers ever since. Must be doing something right (they must like the RO water).

6-11-16_fishes.jpg

Last edited:
Got two Chinese algae eaters, by the pictures you can see why I might be able to use their services.

I don't think they'll help out at all. They help when you start with a clean tank. I would scrape the side first to help out. On the other hand if you're not worried about the aesthetics the fish will be perfectly happy in there.

I don't think they'll help out at all. They help when you start with a clean tank. I would scrape the side first to help out. On the other hand if you're not worried about the aesthetics the fish will be perfectly happy in there.

Yea, I would normally turn off the filters, scrape the sides and get my vortex filter out, but I'm being lazy, and I've seen the neons go and take chunks of algae off the glass sides and munch away and seem to enjoy it. I should probably just clean the front pane for viewing and leave the rest for the fishes.

Back