Marchisio Variable capacity fermenting Volume Tank

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dvizz

Junior
Reaction score
Hello I've been buying 2- 6 gal. pails of grape juice for the past couple of years using carboys and have given thought to a 26 gal or 100 liter stainless steel tank with a floating lid that has a inflatable gasket surrounding it. Does any one have any experience using one, and what should I know about its use.
Thanks

I have sold a number of them and everyone loves them. Just check the presure in the seal often to make sure it does'nt go flat.

Marchisio 100 liter tank

The tank holds 100 liters or 26 gallons. There is valve located at the base to drain the tank.

If you are going to get this tank, go ahead and get an extra lid gasket as well. I find that having a spare is good security.

What is the lowest volume you can have in the 100L and still have it function properly? I regularly do 8-12 gallon batches.

Do these tanks have the ability to use vacuum pumps to transfer wine?

Thanks,
jonathan

If you look to keep 12 gallons (45 liters) in a 100 liter tank, I have to say that this is not ideal.

That 100 liter tank will be very expensive, just to hold 12 gallons of wine. Why do you want a 100 liter tank? Is it because it is variable capacity? If so, I am sure that others can chime in with many lower cost alternatives.

I, myself do not use a vacuum pump to do wine transfers. I do not believe that the gaskets would hold up. Also, I do not any hardware that would clamp to the diaphragm lid. Instead, I use a mechanical pump.

Yea, I know they are not ideal. Ideally a smaller 10 gallon size would be great. Always looking for options instead of having one batch of wine in a 6.5g, 3g, 1g, and 1/2g carboys/jugs sitting around my basement.

As far as cost, a 7 gallon stainless steel brewing bucket is $200, for a 26 gallon container the price isn't much more. But its all just dreams!!

Yea, I know they are not ideal. Ideally a smaller 10 gallon size would be great. Always looking for options instead of having one batch of wine in a 6.5g, 3g, 1g, and 1/2g carboys/jugs sitting around my basement.

As far as cost, a 7 gallon stainless steel brewing bucket is $200, for a 26 gallon container the price isn't much more. But its all just dreams!!

You could consider varying the quantity of wine slightly, maybe 3 buckets instead of two, then you could use this 15 gallon tank:

http://www.flextankusa.com/products-eco15.php

I've seen several people rave about them, ease of use and cleaning, microx properties, and oaking products made for each size. The 15 gallon is $150. You'll still have a few jugs around, but those are great for topping, blending, etc.

Back