Other 2017 Limited Releases: What Are You Making?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, I knew that, called LP yesterday and they told me, but we have no surprises there....:pee

I am really considering BA11 on the 2nd batch, unless someone has a better suggestion for this varietal.

I was initially going to do that, but reading on both BA11 and QA23, I think QA23 is a better fit for this wine. Why not do one BA11 and one QA23?

I got a shipping confirmation for the Kookaburra, wahoo!

For a GSM blend, what yeast choices do you guys like and/or use?

For a GSM blend, what yeast choices do you guys like and/or use?

I'm thinking of pitching a packet of Enoferm Syrah yeast I've had in the back of the frig. From the pairing guide it looks like it works well with Grenache and should with the Shiraz as well. Hopefully it's still viable...rehydrating first should help sort that out.

As they say, nothing ventured, nothing gained!

Anyone used SYR?

I started the Kookaburra with D254 last Monday and will rack tomorrow night per the instructions. I was surprised to see the Passport instructions are different than the Showcase instructions, so I'm following them to see if I like the differences. I believe my only tweak to this kit will be the yeast swap. I'll (try to) keep the rest of it by the book.

Back