Vineco Passport series 2016 by Vineco

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zalai

Reaction score
Here it is the Limited Edition kits for 2016 by Vineco .
What will you make ?

Cabernet Franc Cabernet Sauvignon - Murray Darling & Riverland, Australia

Sweetness: Dry Alcohol: 13.5% Body: Medium-Full
THE WINE
Still somewhat of a rarity in Australia, Cab Franc has surged in plantings in recent years, becoming increasingly popular and desired for blends and varietal wines. This vibrant blend combines Cabernet Franc with Cabernet Sauvignon for a rich,
fruity wine redolent with cherry, red berry, cassis, spice, and vanilla aromas. The palate is generous with black and red berry flavours, notes of herbs and spice, and firm tannins.

THE REGION
This Australian blend pairs Cab Franc from Murray Darling with Cab Sauv from the Riverland Region. The Murray Darling region experiences warm to hot days, noticeably cooler nights, and receives plenty of sunshine for the grapes to soak up, allowing them to ripen fully each year. The Murray and Darling Rivers, for which the region is named, provide much needed irrigation. The neighbouring Riverland region shares the hot & dry climate, long hours of sunshine, and also benefits from the Murray River, the lifeblood of the area’s vineyards.

Montepulciano - Umbria, Italy WITH GRAPE SKINS

Sweetness: Dry Alcohol: 13.5% Body: Medium
THE WINE
Medium-bodied and deep garnet in colour with gentle aromas of ripe dark fruit, warm oak, and a touch of earth and spice. This fruit-forward red boasts mouthfilling black cherry and dark plum flavours and gentle savoury spice which lingers on the smooth finish.

THE REGION
Affectionately known as “Italy’s green heart”, Umbria is a lush agricultural area nestled in the centre of the country and is the Italian Peninsula’s only land locked region. The Appenine Mountains run through Umbria providing rolling hills which
allow for premium sun exposure, and the majority of the region’s vineyards are on terraces cut into the hillsides. Umbria’s climate is similar to its famous neighbour Tuscany: cold, rainy winters and dry summers with abundant sunshine. The Tiber
River flows down from the mountains creating fertile soils and adding a cooling balance to the typically dry weather, making this an ideal location for grape growing .

Pinot Noir Merlot Syrah - Chile & Argentina, South America

Sweetness: Dry Alcohol: 13% Body: Medium
THE WINE
This South American blend of Pinot Noir, Merlot, & Syrah features vibrant red fruit notes with a touch of oak and spice. Deep ruby in colour, this medium-bodied red has soft, dry tannins, with flavours of plum, cherry, and red berries. Gentle notes of spice, smoky oak, and red berry linger on the finish.

THE REGION
This blend comes from three great South American regions. The Pinot Noir is from Colchuagua Valley in Chile, which enjoys a superb climate, the cooling influence of the Pacific Ocean, and steep slopes of well-drained soil. The Merlot comes from one of Chile’s most southern wine regions, Maule Valley, which enjoys intense sunlight, warm days, and much cooler nights than its northern neighbours; this extends the growing season, and helps balance ripeness and acidity in the grapes. The Syrah comes from the other side of the Andes Mountains in Argentina, where desert landscapes and high altitudes create aromatic, intensely flavoured reds.

Sauvignon Blanc Muscat - Lodi, California

Sweetness: Off Dry Alcohol: 12.5% Body: Medium
THE WINE
Juicy & fresh, this deliciously aromatic blend is the perfect unity of these popular varietals. Sauvignon Blanc offers citrus and fresh herb elements, while Muscat brings in stone fruit and floral notes. Bright fruit aromas lead into refreshing citrus, peach, and melon flavours with a hint of tropical sweetness and a light, crisp finish.

THE REGION
Located directly east of San Francisco Bay, Lodi is graced with a Mediterranean climate marked by warm days, low humidity, and cool nights. Cool delta breezes help moderate the heat, creating a perfect climate for growing flavourful, fruitforward grapes. The region receives little rainfall during the growing season, allowing growers more control of crop development through irrigation. Rivers originating in the Sierra Nevada mountains flow throw Lodi, depositing mineral rich soils which contribute complex flavours to area wines.

Three Country Cab - California, South Africa & Spain WITH GRAPE SKINS

Sweetness: Dry Alcohol: 14% Body: Full
THE WINE
Big, bold, and beautiful – a stunning blend of Cabernet Sauvignons from three powerhouse producers. Look for a bouquet of ripe black fruits, with notes of cocoa, vanilla, and oak. This deep red, full-bodied Cab is firm, dry, and brimming with flavours of blackcurrant, blackberry, blue plum, vanilla, and spice. Notes of black tea, spice, and oak linger on the finish.

THE REGION
California's Sonoma County enjoys a long growing season with sunny, warm, dry days and cool evenings - the ideal combination for grapes to ripen slowly and evenly. Swartland, just north of Cape Town, South Africa, is hot and dry, leading to lower yields, and smaller, more concentrated fruit. Spain is hot and arid, but its elevation creates a workable balance, with temperatures dropping significantly at night. Many growers have adapted to the dry weather by spacing vines further apart to reduce competition for resources, leading to lower yields with higher quality fruit, and more concentrated, intense flavours.

Last edited:
I was thinking 'meh', until I saw the three country cab. Pretty sure that'll be in my fermenter next year. Not many opportunities to make something like that.

I was thinking 'meh', until I saw the three country cab. Pretty sure that'll be in my fermenter next year. Not many opportunities to make something like that.

Winexpert had a similar limited edition kit before ,but the countries had changed . I am looking forward to this one too .

Selection Three Country Cabernet
This blend features Cabernet Sauvignon grapes from California, Chile and France. Together these grapes are blended in a classic style that will drink great when young yet will reward those who age it with a complex wine that is great with any red meats and any special occasion.

1 & 5 for me. Possibly 2 & 3 as well, depending on whether or not I find much interest in the LE's from the other brands.

The 3 country cab looks good to me, what is with the Pinot Merlot Syrah blend...seems an unusual blend...? Maybe the montepulciano just bc....

What's a good retailer for this brand?

FVW had some decent deals on these last year. I'd wait until the order deadline gets closer, as the deals usually get better and better as they close in.

FVW had some decent deals on these last year. I'd wait until the order deadline gets closer, as the deals usually get better and better as they close in.

Interesting. My LHBS prices on all the LE/LR kits are unchanged from the beginning. Even now they have 1 or 2 left from the spring releases and they are the same price as they were pre-order.

Interesting. My LHBS prices on all the LE/LR kits are unchanged from the beginning. Even now they have 1 or 2 left from the spring releases and they are the same price as they were pre-order.

Do they usually sell all of the kits? My LHBS moves a great deal of product. They are one of two stores that are easy (within 30 miles) for me to reach. If I see a kit I want and it's hitting that 8 to 12 month old stage, I ask them if they'd be willing to part with it at a 10 or 20 dollar discount. Sometimes they offer much more, it's worth a try!

I got four Orchard Breezin' kits for $26.50 per kit. Now some of them were 15 months old, but they still turned out fine (might have been finer if newer, but how would me or my wife know not having ever made them before?)((there is a way to say that clearer, my PA Dutch influence is showing through, and I'm only 25% Cherman)).

I think they only buy what people pre-order. They don't seem to have much excess stock, and don't seem to mark things down before they are at least a year old.

I just updated the list of the Limited Editions .
The Montepulciano and the Three Country Cab kits will come with grape skins .

Back