New Wine Room

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have four, thanks. With paint, those are the last creatures I'd allow in the room, that's why it has a key! Protected from my 20, 17, 11, and 9.

Lock and key, good idea. I just know if I had a room like that here, I'd be in it more than I'd be upstairs (hummm, might be onto something there...) and I could say "well, I let you paint the window on the door, so now you have to let me look from inside for a few hours today to enjoy your creation...", I'm sure I could use that explanation at least once a weekend.

,, 20 years of untamed un-broken never grew up, I was going to rip up this master piece for Johnd had fed-ex overnight waiting, but I think this might kill a broken house trained man, I better keep it hidden, I had time to think this over if it got our one made it into the early golden years without being broken and trained I am now in fear for my life, man, I was joking Johnd this master piece does not exist, AND SHAME, SHAME, SHAME ON YOU FLOANDGARY FOR TRYING TO BAIT ME,, LOL,, whew that was close it's my story an I'm sticking to it NO MATTER WHAT ,, bet you ole tame boys forgot them words can go the other way, naw they cant. just try an see,, you're sworn to silence, remember you accepted me, as flawed as I am, whew close again,
I have been HACKED the big boys are at fault never you angelic ladies,
man yall scare me, you should protect this site instead of teasing all yall's better halves with broken promises of stained what ever, I now know why your better halves say yall are still not properly house trained even after all the years of flawless training from them, i'm as disappointed as they are with ya'll, um on the down low I am still welcome aint I after all the rooster rules the roast but the hen rules the rooster, sorry fellows i'm a coward I got to hang with the winning side, wink , wink
Your Honest Dawg:sm

DAWG,,,, most of us would come across as a rather boring lot if it weren't for the occasional "DAWG" bark!!! :br

Very nice, you just need to have a little wine spatter here and there to make it look used......Very good John.

Not very often I would read 25 pages in a thread, but that was well worth the time.

Really, really nice effort with commensurate results. Spectacular finish. Thanks for sharing.

@jpftribe I'm glad you enjoyed the thread, and thank you for the kind words, it's a really nice looking addition and has all of the functionality I envisioned. Well......... except maybe I should have put a TV in there, but I can always add that on as time goes by.

So the last step of the wine room project involved me finishing the kitchen. I took out a double window and closed it in when converting the outside space into the room. This left a big empty wall in the kitchen, which I promised the Mrs. would have cabinets to give her the additional cabinet space she wanted........it actually helped me sell the deal.

Today, the custom cabinets were delivered and I installed them after dinner. Still a little crown to install, but they're on the wall!!

IMG_0709.jpg

John,

A beautiful and well crafted project from beginning to end. Great job and thanks for sharing.

Ted

You are without a doubt a pro!!!!

.. but in more ways than one.

You have obvious skills in woodworking, but you excel at marital diplomacy. You should be teaching classes in both!

Looks great but...... One of these things is not like the other! :)
:h I noticed that too, but figured there was a good reason for it.

The whole build is fantastic. In several years I hope to do something on a smaller scale in the basement. There's just no way my wife would let me take out a window anywhere in the house, unless I replaced it with one or two others. She loves natural light.

You are without a doubt a pro!!!!

.. but in more ways than one.

You have obvious skills in woodworking, but you excel at marital diplomacy. You should be teaching classes in both!

Thanks for your comments about the woodwork, very much appreciated.

So, I could just accept the marital diplomacy comment and move on, but that's just not my style, so here's my comment about that:

"I've been teaching classes in marital diplomacy for years, I think wife number 3 is finally catching on"

Looks great but...... One of these things is not like the other! :)

Yeah, you can't see it in the pic, but the existing wall of cabinets on the left has one cabinet elevated higher than the others, so we mimicked that detail on the new wall as well. It kinda gives you a little more working space underneath and breaks up the monotony of a straight wall of cabinetry........

:h I noticed that too, but figured there was a good reason for it.

The whole build is fantastic. In several years I hope to do something on a smaller scale in the basement. There's just no way my wife would let me take out a window anywhere in the house, unless I replaced it with one or two others. She loves natural light.

Mine likes natural light as well, but apparently she likes wine more........

Latest posts

Back