Need some help...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mismost

Reaction score
Texas is experiencing a big growth in Wineries. Here in the Hill Country they are bulldozing out peach orchards and replacing them with grapevines. Yesterday, I heard that there are 30 some odd wineries....NEW WINERIES to be built here in Texas.

I sell metal buildings, which can easily be adapted for use as wineries...hence my interest in new wineries besides the wine!

The problem I am running into, how do I find out about these new wineries BEFORE they are already built? I've started the ground pounding with local Chamber of Commerce, ranch real estate agents, and talking to existing wineries.

You guys make wine because you love it and to make money. I'm the same way about construction, I just love the whole process...pasture to structure! I have doing this for over 40 years and have the best associates in the industry to handle any size project. I WANT to be involved!

Can you guys help with any other source of information? Any industry groups, newsletters, or even direct contacts....or YOU coming to Texas? I need help getting in touch with folks that need to build.

Texas is experiencing a big growth in Wineries. Here in the Hill Country they are bulldozing out peach orchards and replacing them with grapevines. Yesterday, I heard that there are 30 some odd wineries....NEW WINERIES to be built here in Texas.

I sell metal buildings, which can easily be adapted for use as wineries...hence my interest in new wineries besides the wine!

The problem I am running into, how do I find out about these new wineries BEFORE they are already built? I've started the ground pounding with local Chamber of Commerce, ranch real estate agents, and talking to existing wineries.

You guys make wine because you love it and to make money. I'm the same way about construction, I just love the whole process...pasture to structure! I have doing this for over 40 years and have the best associates in the industry to handle any size project. I WANT to be involved!

Can you guys help with any other source of information? Any industry groups, newsletters, or even direct contacts....or YOU coming to Texas? I need help getting in touch with folks that need to build.

There are 2 ways, by word of mouth and advertisement. Word of mouth only comes from satisfied customers.
Then there is
advertise

advertise

ADVERTISE
Which one got your attention? Do this in the hill country near the other wineries, your future clients will probably be there checking out the countryside before purchasing the land.

Wineries must go through a lengthy approval process with the TTB. Does anyone know if these applications are public information?

What does TTB stand for? I used to live in Texas and worked for what was the largest class B liquor distributor in Texas and I don't recall that acronym. I know we had the TABC (Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission) back then. (a little over 11 years ago)

You could also keep an eye on the sale of orchards and farms, then contact the buyers.

You may wish to become a member and network with the Texas Wine and Grape Growers.

Thanks! This is the kind of stuff I was looking for! We have started contacting real estate brokers, area Chamber of Commerce's, ...TTB was not very helpful or at least the person we talked to was not, he seemed to think it was not a matter of public record.

A few of these projects do come up for a public bid process. Most however, seem to just pop up...you find them after construction has started or when they are completed!

Latest posts

Back