Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, the ceramic "Kamodo style" smoker pits are the closest thing you will see to a set it and forget it (non automated, electronics free, no moving parts so nothing to break) BBQ smoker.

They are heavy and a little hard to get home if you don't have a big enough vehicle to get them into.

I assume the Pit Boss is equivalent to the BGE. I cooked 2 boston butts on my Egg a few weeks ago. I stabilized the temp at 250 and put them on at 9:00pm. I took them off the next day around noon with the temp still at 250.

Being the environmentalist type I decided to build a wood box (to enhance our ability to fuel our woodstove and fireplace to produce bountiful amounts of CO2 gases).

Burn away with a clear conscience. The CO2 you are producing from wood is from the current cycle, as opposed to the CO2 released from fossil fuels, which has been sequestered in the Earth for millions of years prior to burning. Wood fires are climate change neutral; fossil fuels release additional CO2 not present before. I have heated with wood for years, partly for that reason.

We visited the in-laws this weekend at Lake Havasu and made a quick stop at the Desert Oasis about 45 miles out of Needles on the way home Monday morning. I've got a thing for old signs and have wanted to stop a shoot the "gas" letters every time I pass them so I finally did. I only had my iPhone with me and at about 5:15 am it was 97 degrees so it was a 10 second snap-n-run shot. You can tell I'm a fan using photoshop to tweek images, cropping, coloring, focusing on what I'm trying to show in the pic. I've thown in a couple of other local signs, Fox is gone because film is gone but at least the sign lives on. The painted coke sign has since been painted over and the pay phone next to it is now gone too.
Mike

Ha, when I saw the Fox Photo I thought wow, that's been a while. Then I read the comments and that's exactly what you guys were talking about.

They cleared a big field to make room for solar panels and left this one tree standing , looks like something out of a horror movie.

IMG_0902.jpg

Bitter clown tears. That's a new one.

img_0472.jpg

This morning's "Puppy Hike" found Sadie and I on a closed road running north-east from Hills Creek Rd., in Middlebury Center, PA, to Ives Run. The closed road runs roughly parallel to RT 287 to the west and Crooked Creek, which runs out of Hammond Lake, to the east. The closed road appears to be entirely within State Game Lands 37.

IMAG0772[1].jpg

IMAG0763[1].jpg

IMAG0765[1].jpg

IMAG0768[1].jpg

IMAG0769[1].jpg

IMAG0771[1].jpg

Back