How clear is clear?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mschooley53

Reaction score
My Skeeter Pee cleared really nicely after 4 days so I racked to another carboy to get it off the sediment.

How clear should it be before moving to the next step and back sweetening? I attached a picture of what it looks like now. Is it worth letting it sit for another week or should I move on?

IMG_4205.jpg

My Skeeter Pee cleared really nicely after 4 days so I racked to another carboy to get it off the sediment.

How clear should it be before moving to the next step and back sweetening? I attached a picture of what it looks like now. Is it worth letting it sit for another week or should I move on?

Clear is crystal clear, your wine is pretty clear, but still has a haze. That haze will end up being sediment in your bottles. Let it sit as long as needed to be crystal clear.

These are crystal clear........

IMG_0748.jpg

Last edited:
Clear is crystal clear, your wine is pretty clear, but still has a haze. That haze will end up being sediment in your bottles. Let it sit as long as needed to be crystal clear.

These are crystal clear........

Thanks John! This helps a lot. I'll give it a couple weeks and see where we are at then

Did you happen to add any pectic enzyme? Mine was having a hard time clearing. Kinda looked like yours with a haze to it. I treated it with pectic enzyme and within days it was crystal clear like johnd's. The original recipe does not call for pectic enzyme, but i will be adding it from now on!

Latest posts

Back