How did you find our forum?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How did you hear about this forum?

• Total voters
Found this site looking for a prune plum wine. I have many plums and wondered if anyone had made one? I have searched the forums and found nothing on actual prune plum wine...Interested if anyone would like to amuse me. I am drying them at the moment but have another huge bucket full to process. I do like wine. Cheers tam

Google...actually for beer...this is the sister site for wine...one thing lead to another.

Hi every one! New to wine making. Just found this forum a couple days ago and haven't stopped reading! I love hearing everyone's advice and experiences. Super excited to get started.

It was the first website to pop up anytime i googled winemaking advice.

Wine Maker's Toy Store where I bought my wine making kit and wine kit.

Will

@Ava_Sinclair , glad you bumped this thread. I was making wine from Cali grapes every season with just very basic knowledge handed down from family.
Ran into a problem that was just too specific to google. Ended up stumbling upon WMT and it has been a lifesaver in terms of troubleshooting specific issues.

I have lots of various peppers growing in the garden, Jalapeno's, Black Hungarians, Sweet Banana's, and Quadrato D'Asti Giallo Bell Peppers. They are all heirlooms. I figured outside of giving them away, using them in cooking, relish's, and salsa's I should be able to make wine with them.

I asked my Motorola Droid via Google for Pepper Wine Recipes. I found a few places first and I eventually came upon WMT. The first site I hit said to put Jalapeno's in a jar and then fill the jar up with rum. It works similar to adding vinegar to a bottle full of Tabasco peppers. Not my idea of wine, but it does sound interesting. It takes about 10 days to be ready.

In my winemakers recipe handbook there is a recipe for onion wine. I have not made it but in the book they say not to tell friends what they are drinking until they drink some. It is a surprising wine and can be used for marinating meats. I grow garlic so that might be something to try one season.

Failed Google searches. I was trying to look up what I should do about the wine in my airlock, and I couldn't find a straight answer.

So I joined just to ask. I'll probably stick around, though. I've only just started, but the first few batches have been good, and and a rotgut wine is $7 here in Sweden...

Latest posts

Back