Niagara mist vs orchard breezin wine kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smok1

Reaction score
Hi, i fairly new to wine making, only made RJS kits so far, 7 of them, i was wondering for the summer mist wines which is the better company, i really like the orchard breezin kits but am wondering if the island mist or niagara mist kits are a better quality kit?

Having not made many mist kits, I dont think there is much difference except for the variety of blends each company offers. They are all an average wine base with lots of sugar and flavour added at the end to cover up any wine flaws. Easy to make and ready to drink right away.

cheers

I'm guessing they're comparable in quality and price... particularly RJS and WE. I'd pick one by the flavor you think you'd like and not look back.

I have made both and could taste no noticeable huge difference. They both get sucked down with equal gusto...usually accompanied by remarks like " I like really dry red (or whites) but this not terrible".....counting up the empty bottles, I guess it ain't too bad.

I have made all three brands, although not in a few years. IMO, they are all about the same quality; however, the fruit flavours vary. One summer we made the OB apple and the NM apple. They tasted a little different but there was no clear winner amongst our friends.

Steve

Ive made
Rockin raspbery rose
Blackberry blast
Peach chardonnay
Green apple delight

Added 1kg organic cane sugar in the primary in all of them and they all came out great, all RJS
I noticed the wine expert kits come less concentrated. I think wine expert 7.5liters and rjs is 5.6 liters if i remember correctly. So i am now gonna make some wine expert mist kits and see how they compare

I like them both, some obviously better then others. My favorites are

Green apple Riesling
Peach apricot Chardonnay

Ones I would not make again are

Anything with blueberry... I think I did the pinot noir. Artificial blueberry is pretty bad
Citrus sunshine....this one is horrible. I will use for mixing with champagne and making sangria.

Green apple Riesling
Peach apricot Chardonnay

Anything with blueberry... I think I did the pinot noir. Artificial blueberry is pretty bad
Citrus sunshine....this one is horrible. I will use for mixing with champagne and making sangria.

Good to know, i was just about the buy the blueberry, ill try something else instead haha

Green apple Riesling
Peach apricot Chardonnay

I appreciate your insight. I have the Peach Apricot Chardonnay on deck to make and was considering buying the Citrus Sunshine. I will skip the Sunshine kit.

Each to his own taste but at our house the Orchard Breezin Peach Chardonnay is better than the Island Mist Peach Apricot Chardonnay. and the Orchard Breezin Wild Watermelon is better than the Island Mist Strawberry Watermelon White Shiraz.
I always add 4 lbs of sugar and 1/2 the f-pack to the primary.

I agree with GoDawg. I think the Orchard Breezin kits have a bit more flavor than the Island Mist kits. Island Mist Kiwi Pear is not bad however. I also add a bit of sugar and 1/2 of the f-pack and bring the SG up to about 1.085 or so. This brings the ABV up a bit and a little less sweet. The raspberry merlot made this way turns out excellent! (so does the Peach Perfection)

Latest posts

Back