Vineco anyone ever have passport wine?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StBlGT

Reaction score
Just wondering if it is any good. Is it cellar craft?

I was looking into the 2016 passport cab franc/cab sauv, but didn't find many reviews on the passport line, in general. Thanks.

I made 3 of the LE Passport kits last year and while they are quite young ,I'm very impressed with them so far . I've tried a bottle of the Petit Verdot and the Brunello. haven't tried the Volcanic red yet.

I have the Cab/franc in the carboy and will be getting the three country cab that's coming out in march.

The Passport series and Cellar Craft are both made by Vineco.

Passport is Cellar Craft's 'limited edition' wine. So if you're looking at one of the 2016's, most aren't even in bottles yet - the reason for the lack of reviews. However, the LE wines tend to be pretty good quality.

Good to hear! I was wanting to do 2 cellar craft kits next month and came across the cab franc/sauv. I love cab franc and I'm very glad to see this kit! I guess the only downside is this kit doesn't have the grape skins. It's still 18l, so that's a plus.

Oaksfan....do you happen to know the percentage of cab franc vs cab sauv in the kit? I can't find it anywhere.

Last edited:
Good to hear! I was wanting to do 2 cellar craft kits next month and came across the cab franc/sauv. I love cab franc and I'm very glad to see this kit! I guess the only downside is this kit doesn't have the grape skins. It's still 18l, so that's a plus.

Oaksfan....do you happen to know the percentage of cab franc vs cab sauv in the kit? I can't find it anywhere.

No i do not .Not sure if the kit manufacturers make the info available . Perhaps somebody out there will know.

Boatboy...that is awesome!! I am going to order this cab franc kit. I'm pumped!!! Definitely can't wait to get this started!

Thanks anyways oaksfan.....no big deal.

We purchased several Passports from the past two years releases. Have yet to bottle any as of yet, it's all still in various stages of bulk aging. Our confidence in purchasing these limited kits was based purely on the quality results of every kit we've ever made from the very similar CC Showcase series.

Brian55, that is good to here. I am basing my purchase on passport being related to cellar craft, too. I haven't made one yet, but all of the reviews i read about them is telling me i should.

Also, in case anyone was wondering, i found a site stating in the "additional information" section that the cab franc/cab sauv blend is 60% cab franc and 40% cab sauv.

I contacted vineco by e-mail to see what they say. If it is wrong, i will edit this post as to what vineco tells me.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back