How many pounds of blueberries in a quart?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sammyk

Reaction score
Does any one have an idea of how many pounds a quart of blueberries is?

I just weighed a quart for you that was average filled and it was 1lb 6oz. I'm guessing that if you fill a bag so it's hard to zip closed, it would be about 1.5 lbs.

A quart of BB juice will weigh just over 2 lbs. I don't think you'll find an exacting measure of weight/volume for whole berries.

I did do an internet search but the pounds varied from 1.5 to 3 pounds and that is a huge difference.

Sometimes I wonder at the thinking on this forum! "How many pounds a quart of blueberries is?" That is easy, there are 32 ounces in a quart and 16 ouces in a pound, so it has to be 2 pounds! :)
(I am kidding, of course!)

Sammy, I said I was kidding!

I have been racking wine today and I have been "QA-ing" quite a few batches so I am a little punchy. Just having some fun, that's all. I have observed that there are many types of "durnks" out there. Some are belligerent, some are melancholy, some are sad, some are happy. I think I am a "fun loving" drunk and when I drink I like to have fun.

I knew you were kidding, not a big deal. But I did not want some one else to think it would apply to berries.

Sammy, you big kidder! I was going to extend my fallacious reasoning by saying that a quart of blueberries weighs 40 shillings since there are 20 shillings per pound.

Actually I was hoping since it is blueberry season, some one might have a quart of blueberries around and could tell me what it weighs.

It depends on the size of the berries. But I'd say average would be about 1 1/4 pounds or 4 quarts of berries makes about 5 lbs.

Latest posts

Back