Making wine in one week?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Savana123

Reaction score
I know it is not possible when you see this as a title until and unless you come to know that it is possible. Like, some people dont prefer homemade wine as it is not that safe but, it is not like that. The method shows that the wine cane be made within 7 days and not more. All it needs to require is proper alcohol content (i.e. ethanol).

I would like to know is there any recipe for making fast wine in the time span of 7 days?? and if yes then what are the steps for it.

I know it is not possible when you see this as a title until and unless you come to know that it is possible. Like, some people dont prefer homemade wine as it is not that safe but, it is not like that. The method shows that the wine cane be made within 7 days and not more. All it needs to require is proper alcohol content (i.e. ethanol).

I would like to know is there any recipe for making fast wine in the time span of 7 days?? and if yes then what are the steps for it.

A drinkable wine in 7 days.... Not happening.
3 P's young grasshopper!

Not gonna happen.
Now if the primary is done in a week that does not mean the wine is drinkable.
Technically it is wine once alcohol has replaced the sugars.

Ohhh you high-brow wine makers are such doubters. If the lad wants wine in 7 days, he's gettin wine in 7 days (8 actually). The recipe and process in detail is available at this link. Enjoy the fruits of your labor.
WINE IN 8 DAYS

zz6%20(33).gif

Wine Kitz stores in Canada have been selling a 7-day accelerator pack. (Not sure if it is still available, as I have no real interest in it.) It is designed to work with kits, but probably could be used with non-kit wines. Although clearing a non-kit wine might take longer. Not sure about US availablility.

I personally think that making many kits in the right conditions (esp warm temperatures), and the right procedures could be done in 2 weeks to bottling.

BUT, and I emphasize BUT, that doesn't mean that the wine is ready to drink then. But that won't stop people from drinking it (or kill them or make them sick - unless they drink too much).

Steve

That accelerator is othing but Turbo Yeast Im pretty sure and Ive used that for another purpose, it does work supper fast and canalso reach abv's of about 22% but man does it leave a taste with it also. I would never use it again! Can you make wine in 7-8 days, yes but it aint going to be clear. You can typiacally ferm most most in that time frame but it will just be finishing fermenting and not even begin to clear.

Liquor Quik also produces an accelerator - AcceleVIN - which contains " a special blend of EC -1118 wine yeast mixed with 3 different nutrient salts and vitamins and minerals " . It also contains clearing agents and when you use all this with the kit yeast and clearing agents you purportedly get fermentation done in 5 days and clearing in 2 days. Ready to bottle after 7 days!
It is recommended for low end kits and fruit kits and does say that the wine is ready to drink but will improve with age.
I haven't used one but may try it out of curiosity the next time I make a mist kit.

I taste my fruit wines every evening when I stir them, and I have had ferment done in 7 days.........drinkable.........questionable for sure......interesting how the wine goes from sweet to almost sour

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder or Taste in this instance

I think if I was hard pressed for a bottle of wine with holiday dinner, The corner store sells Boons Farm that would taste better than a 1 week wine. Not trying to slam anyone, but been there-done that. Buy the cheap stuff for dinner and let the good stuff age.

Ohhh you high-brow wine makers are such doubters. If the lad wants wine in 7 days, he's gettin wine in 7 days (8 actually). The recipe and process in detail is available at this link. Enjoy the fruits of your labor.
WINE IN 8 DAYS

zz6%20(33).gif

Oh thanks a ton buddy and I will definitely make this out. I believe in trying out different things and this is one which is included in my list. I just want to ask can I use some other fruit instead of oranges here??

You can have alcohol in 1 week, you definitely won't have the best tasting product, and it would even be hit or miss that you'd get something drinkable/enjoyable.

I am agree with what you have written here abefroman but, I feel one should know everything and I like to learn and experiment !!!!

I know and do understand wine making is not that easy but, you can make out something not that good but somewhere related.

Has anyone seen or tried this "wine in a week" product?

Their website is listed under the name WineinaWeek.

I know there are other five to ten day wine kits out there, but are mainly in the UK and Europe. This is one of the first I've seen in the US, and I think it's new to the market this year.

You can add Everclear to Welche's grape juice and get what some might call wine. That is, if zero acid content, flabby wine is not an issue for you.

Ha! I think I tasted it at the last wine club meeting in my city. :b
It was really bad!

Has anyone seen or tried this "wine in a week" product?

Their website is listed under the name WineinaWeek.

I know there are other five to ten day wine kits out there, but are mainly in the UK and Europe. This is one of the first I've seen in the US, and I think it's new to the market this year.

Two words
"It's CRAP"

Also called 48hr wine

I'll just add this and no more...I can turn 5 gallons of any fruit juice into a drinkable safe Beveridge Using rawcut potatoes raw white rice 1lb of liquified sugar per gallon 8oz of honey and a controlled temp. Of 77degrees f ......the secret is the mason jar of 25 th generation bacteria starter .....it is possible.....

Why not try dragon blood? Ferments in just under 7 days, one to clear if you are lucky and BAM!!! drink it!

Winemaking Masters - do not read, you will not like what I'm about to say...

Yes it is possible to make wine in a week. I have done it and it was actually pretty good. I used organic grape juice, orange zest, tiny bit of sugar, and baker's yeast...

Primary fermentation for 2 days - secondary with an airlock for the remaining 5 - when the bubbles stopped, I removed the airlock and let it open up in a decanter for half an hour.

I only made a liter-worth because I wasn't sure how it would turn out. But it was drinkable - not clear, obviously, but drinkable...

What i would do differently is refridgerate for several hours then let warm up to room temperature, THEN decanter... Try it out... you might be surprised by what you come up with...

WINE IN 8 DAYS

zz6%20(33).gif

ROFLMAO I just read that recipe. OMG Savana are you still alive?!?!?! LOL

Back