This is me!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Nicole!!

I feel your pain. But it is nice to have another female winemaker around. We are so rare in Cincinnati the guys at the wine shop remember me just cause I'm a woman. My hubby only likes rare wines, not rare as expensive, just meaning 1 out of 20 he tries. I admit to being very happy when he likes a wine of mine tho. Beer is his thing, and I did offer to make beer but he is happy with fairly cheap beer so in the long run I save more money making wine I like.

Never been on a motorcycle, never will be either. But I am very respectful on the road, so ride on!

Pam in cinti

Hi Pam! Nice to meet another female winemaker as well! I'm very new to the winemaking world and was very surprised that there aren't more ladies doing this. I guess I just assumed women did this too.

Lol Fabrictodyefor! As a matter of fact I am a quilter!!!!! And a knitter and a crocheter!!!!!
Here's one of my Bargello quilt tops. Sorry I can't rotate the pic on my phone.
Nicole

image.jpg

Beautiful work! I tried quilting, but I am too precise a person and found it to be overwhelming instead of relaxing. I do sew, but garment and household. My favorite is to mech the machines, and i have way too many antique treadles and handcranks to list here. Those old machines were meant to live forever.

Pam in cinti

Thank you LoneTreeFarms, where are you in Iowa? We are in Davenport, right on the Mississippi

Sorry, didn't consider...

My brother has two daughters. He sums up his evening this way....

Sounds from upstairs much like the sound of the telephone conversations on the Flintstones punctuated by two door slams.

The three oldest are in their mid twenties now. We get a blow up every now and again. But with their work and school schedules, they generally don 't see each other. When they were younger... Dear Lord, that nonsense never stopped.

Thanks goodness for female winemakers, and dog lovers!

My Hubby has been insisting that we get motorcycles, and I'm starting to be brainwashed by his opinions :)

My "puppy" came to us as a senior (unbeknownst to us...). We love her as one of our own though! Her muzzle is getting grey and she sleeps 20 hours per day, but she is the sweetest thing around!

1452184396853.jpg

the_rayway, you just need to go for it! I was 38 when I took the riding classes. Best thing I have ever done!
Is there a "show your pets thread"? If not maybe we should start one??
Here are a few of my babies, Jack the chihuahua, Chief the golden retriever, and Duke the white german Shepard. We also have 2 hamsters, 2 rats, an african grey parrot, just lost our 220 gallon salt water tank due to a leak. :( And currently setting up a 125 gallon freshwater stingray tank, whew!

IMG_2378.jpg

Hi Wade can u help me out. Made a wine kit to fast this morning and added 2.5L more water then I needed to. SG is 1.084. So instead of the 23L mark I went to 25.5. Thanks John

Latest posts

Back