Wine Kitz Whats the best wine kit brand?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtbryda203

Reaction score
I am looking in too starting my second kit. I am wondering what brand people prefer?

Go with the higher 18 - 23 liter kits, Winery Series with Grape Skins, Cellar Craft, Mosti Megioli, etc. these kits are more expensive but you will be satisfied. These kits typically take 18-36 months to show well. This is usually because they contain more TDS, which means Higher quality wines. This is a great forum others will chime in.........Cheers!

After you have made a few kits check out Kamil Juices. They can be purchased at:
http://www.brewandwinehobby.com/

Talk to Rich as he is very helpful. They do not come with instructions but are the closest to fresh juice I've found.
I have bought a number of the concentrate kits to have something to drink while the better ones age. Seems I keep running out and dipping into them before they are really ready.
Other than that I like the high end Mosti kits. Personal preference to a large part I think. But you do seem to get what you pay for.

I am looking in too starting my second kit. I am wondering what brand people prefer?

You'll find the brand of kit is less important than the quality of the kit within each brand. For best results, stick with premium or better kits. That is 6-8 week kits. Overall, the more juice you get in the kit the better off you'll be. Thus, and 18L kit will be superior to a 16L kit. For reds, kits with skins are preferable.

If you decide on a particular varietal, ask about it and you'll get specific suggestions.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back