What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Racked and back sweetened my apple wine. Racked, stabilized, and cleared the strawberry. Fed the dogs. Cut my hair. Now I'm at work for the night.

took my wife to the hockey game and have to work in DC tomorrow. Picked up a recurring consulting job that will feed my wine making habit every other month. Got a bottle of Skeeter Pee from GeoS which is putting my Pee to shame. The stakes have been raised.

almost done working for the day. Hoping to get labels and capsules on the Concord-Fredonia-Catawba blend this afternoon. May even shoot for bottling the Fredonia if time permits. Still need to mix up my Concord-Niagra blend and see how that goes.

Was down with food poisoning yesterday, but im bouncing back..
Back was out too; my whole core was miserable..

But its 60F, sun's shining and i'm up & around today
Good day, it is..

Maybe i can throw my back out again, finally getting to my wines :db

Digging holes for my 10 new Sauvignon Blanc plants. This will give a total of 40 vines. Getting there slow but sure.

Got the Red Mtn Cab out of the Vadai, and put the Red Mountain Trio in.

Now off to Baltimore with the wife and kids to meet up with my family for brunch and do up the aquarium.

Heading out soon to prune some more vines. It is a slow but steady process for me this year. At least there are only a few inches of snow left now.

off to get wood from work for the Easter vigil fire with the scouts tonight. then to pick up my son from college, come home and cut the wood to size, and set up for the fire. I NEED A DAY TO JUST DO WINES!!!

You know it's going to be a great Easter Sunday when the kitchen sinks back up in the middle of cooking dinner for a bunch of hungry firefighters! What a mess! I'm a fireman, not a plumber! Ugh! :s

Actually yesterday not today but bottled a batch of Coastal Red, racked a batch of Pinot Grigio, started a batch of Coastal White, bottle aged the Coastal Red about two hours and began to taste it - Yum.;)

Here's the wine rack. I think I'm (kinda) done building. Now I have to take it apart, sand everything and then stain.

image-3430937480.jpg

Mark the rack looks awesome. Are you going to put a back on it? I'm just thinking it may need some cross braces to keep it from racking from one side to the other.

I'm probably not going to put a back on it, everything is screwed together and then screwed into the wall. And yes, it is pine. I would have loved to build it out of something else but, as I've well surpassed my budget on building the room, so I settled for pine. Once I sand everything and stain it'll be hard to tell.....hopefully

Mark, great idea fastening it to the wall. I used the exact same material to build mine and I think using anything else would be over kill on the budget. Here's several that I built when I first built my wine cellar. Since then I have added many more racks inside and outside of the cellar.

001.jpg

002.jpg

Very nice! I wish I had more space, but I'm doing what I can. Although.... ever since a good friend of mine introduced me to wine making, I've found more places to cram stuff that I knew I had!!..haha It's really amazing how much stuff you can collect in a short amount of time.....

Nice rack! Turned out great. They have some stains out these days that by the time your done with it you would never know its not an expensive piece of hardwood.

It's sulfite day, in my wine room... E'eryone gets it today..

And come to realize, my winemaking notes are in shambles.. I've got ripped out, loose leaf paper all over.. And they've naturally reorganized themselves.. So i've gotta sort through and transcribe all that junk into something presentable...

Was down with food poisoning yesterday, but im bouncing back..
Back was out too; my whole core was miserable..

But its 60F, sun's shining and i'm up & around today
Good day, it is..

Maybe i can throw my back out again, finally getting to my wines :db

Well...

Notebook's spiffy
Food poisoning ran its course
Back feels better
It's STILL gorgeous outside (3rd day runnin.. Seattle, what rain?) 60F @5:45pm

Time to get to the wines; all of 'em!

Today's REALLY the day.... As in, I'm already started..

Looks like the Blackberry-Cherry is degassing, multiple need SO2 additions.. I'll come back and letcha all know what kinda fun I have :)

Time to wash some bottles and get bottling. But first, I have to run some things down to Pitt that the boy forgot when he was home this weekend.

Tomorrow, the corporate guy comes in from France and I'll have to take him and the boss out for a swanky dinner downtown. Nothing better than having dinner with both of your bosses.... yes, sir, nothing better..........

Rats.....

Latest posts

Back