Jim from NoDak

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhegg

Junior
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I started making wine about 5 months ago.

So far I have made a Strawberry White Zinfandel, Acai' Raspberry Rapture, Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon, Rossa Grande, and a Chenin Blanc. I now have three fermentations going at once.

I currently have another Acai' Raspberry Rapture, an Italian Rosso Grande Eccelente, and a Valpola going and I just ordered a Lodi Old Vine Zinfandel for my next start.

The amazing thing to me was how good they all tasted. I haven't yet taken a sip, shuddered and wondered if I could actually drink the entire bottle. Wish I could say that about all the wine I buy at the liquor store. But, I won't have that problem anymore.

I am glad my friends are willing to take a lot of this off my hands. On the other hand, I haven't been able to cellar any of the reds yet. I'll figure it out though!

Jim

Welcome. Glad so far they have been good. The lessons will come.

Welcome to the forum!

Appears as if you've accomplished a lot in only 5 months.

Hello everyone. I started making wine about 5 months ago.

So far I have made a Strawberry White Zinfandel, Acai' Raspberry Rapture, Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon, Rossa Grande, and a Chenin Blanc. I now have three fermentations going at once.

I currently have another Acai' Raspberry Rapture, an Italian Rosso Grande Eccelente, and a Valpola going and I just ordered a Lodi Old Vine Zinfandel for my next start.

The amazing thing to me was how good they all tasted. I haven't yet taken a sip, shuddered and wondered if I could actually drink the entire bottle. Wish I could say that about all the wine I buy at the liquor store. But, I won't have that problem anymore.

I am glad my friends are willing to take a lot of this off my hands. On the other hand, I haven't been able to cellar any of the reds yet. I'll figure it out though!

Jim

Welcome Jim!

It is pretty amazing to be able to take something simple like grape juice ad turn it into something complex like wine.

The first year is really tough because you don't have cellared wines to drink. I just made as much wine as I could at a time to deal with that. I made some whites and wine cooler styles for drinking sooner, and tried to keep the reds six months. Then gradually I was able to start cellaring whites and reds six months. Now I am bulk-aging all wines six months and cellaring reds a year.

Welcome to the obsession!

A wise man once told me one off the things wrong with this world is there are not enough Jims in it. Welcome to the forum. Arne aka Jim.

Latest posts

Back