Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like it has some nice company!

Happy early Anniversary to me!! Mrs JohnD got me this Salmanazar (9L, 12 bottles) of 2014 Aonair Reserve!! Not quite sure what kind of event I'd crack it open for, where so many wine drinkers could actually appreciate it. Maybe the first annual WMT Winefest???

At any rate, it really looks awesome in that spot!!

Meet Sadie [just over 9 weeks old]...

The new addition to our family and why I haven't posted to any threads in the past week and a half...

She appears to like this rock she found more than any of the toys bought from Tractor Supply - go figure...

IMAG0576[1].jpg

Adorable! She looks like she might be a Goldendoodle!?

The new addition to our family and why I haven't posted to any threads in the past week and a half...

She appears to like this rock she found more than any of the toys bought from Tractor Supply - go figure...

Adorable! She looks like she might be a Goldendoodle!?

Yes, an F2. Breed to standard size poodle. Think breeder said she'd grow to about 60 pounds or so. Last dog I had that was raised from a puppy, this was almost 40 years ago, was a ST. Barnard and Golden mix. Yankee topped out at ~130 pounds. I had forgotten how much work raising a puppy can be especially now that I'm in my seventies. :sl

LOL, We have two AKC Golden Retrievers. One is an intact female that we have thought about breeding to a Standard Poodle or another Goldendoodle.....

Have not acted as we are pretty sure we would just end up keeping all the puppies! :)

Yes, an F2. Breed to standard size poodle. Think breeder said she'd grow to about 60 pounds or so. Last dog I had that was raised from a puppy, this was almost 40 years ago, was a ST. Barnard and Golden mix. Yankee topped out at ~130 pounds. I had forgotten how much work raising a puppy can be especially now that I'm in my seventies. :sl

These were the wines we had at our community wine tasting last night. (The region was New Zealand and Australia wines, well. except for the homemade cherry wine) One is missing as the picture was taken before the last person showed up.

It was interesting to see a 16 year old Greg Norman Chardonnay and a 7 year old Misha Pinot Gris.

@Amanda660 anything look familiar? :h

Feedback coming soon!

winetasting_March2017.jpg

Last edited:
These were the wines we had at our community wine tasting last night. (The region was New Zealand and Australia wines, well. except for the homemade cherry wine) One is missing as the picture was taken before the last person showed up.

It was interesting to see a 16 year old Greg Norman Chardonnay and a 7 year old Misha Pinot Gris.

@Amanda660 anything look familiar? :h

Feedback coming soon!

winetasting_March2017.jpg

Ah, Nobilo. "The Devil Wine", as my S-I-L calls it. :D

How was that 16 year old Greg Norman?

Awesome. Looks like she'll make a good hiking buddy.

Awesome. Looks like she'll make a good hiking buddy.

Hope so. I belong to a hiking club/association that goes out twice a week and we'll often have several dogs along for the trek. Research I've done seems to indicate waiting about a year or so before any serious hiking. Have our first vet visit coming up shortly and am looking forward to what she has to say.

Ah, Nobilo. "The Devil Wine", as my S-I-L calls it. :D

How was that 16 year old Greg Norman?

Sorry, missed this.

The Greg Norman was good, but the seven year old 2010 Misha's Pinot Gris was the best white wine of the night. I was very surprised by it.

I expected the Two Hands to be the best wine, but I actually ended up liking the Penfold's Bin 8 Cab/Shiraz the best overall.

Back