Cheapest Place Online to buy Wine Corks?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WineyDoc

Junior
Reaction score
:a1 know off the top of their heads the cheapest place to buy wine corks online?

Specifically,

100-500 #9 1x5/6+ any material (probably won't make it past 3 years).

:a1 know off the top of their heads the cheapest place to buy wine corks online?

Specifically,

100-500 #9 1x5/6+ any material (probably won't make it past 3 years).

I like finevinewines.com personally if I'm going online for equipment and supplies.

Im going to tell you this and I hope you listen!!!!!!! I had a friend buy corks from Ebay and after 8 months all his wine had cork taint!! This wasnt a cheap wine he made it was a painstaking Blueberry Port that he had made many times and bottled 12 bottles with some corks he had left before he switched over to the corks he bought on Ebay. The 12 bottles were good and the rest went down the drain. Maybe the ones you are going to get are ok but maybe not. IMO corks is the last thing you want to go cheap on especially if you dont have good cellar conditions!!!!!!! Please rethink this idea!! I buy a lot of things on Ebay but wouldnt think of buying corks on there! A lot of this stuff is pretty old and is grabbed up after places have gone under and these corks may already be very old!

Good advice from Wade! Don't be "penny smart and pound foolish." Get high quality corks from a reputable dealer (like George) and you will thank us for the advice. Buy the cheap stuff and that is just what you get and you have a great chance of losing your wine. Think about it, you go through all the trouble to make a good wine and then to save a penny or two per bottle, you go cheap. Don't do it!

I'm with Wade on this one, that cork is the final protection you give you wine.

i am w Wade.....you reuse bottles...you do what you want w wax, w labels, w tin caps etc etc etc....but dont screw w the wine or the corks

Thy neighbors wife shows up on my doorstep about twice a month with a handful of empty wine bottles with a long face. She always goes home with a smile. Now julie get your mind out of the gutter.

Won't catch me doing that. My neighbor has to put a pork chop around his wife's neck just to get the dogs to play with her......:sh

Won't catch me doing that. My neighbor has to put a pork chop around his wife's neck just to get the dogs to play with her......:sh

Oh god I'm dying over here hahahahhahaha!:h Too funny!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back