Basil Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scurry64

Temperance League President Emeritus
Reaction score
I'm planning to make a 1 gallon bath of Basil wine this weekend (using Jack Keller's recipe - http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/request215.asp). I couldn't find the 11.5 oz frozen white grape juice concentrate cans anywhere around here. I did, however, find Welch's reconstituted 100% pure white grape juice in 64 oz. bottles. The bottles contain K-meta. Should I pour the white grape juice into the primary, cover and let in sit for 24-48 hours, or is no waiting period required?

Cheers.

Think I would probably let it sit for 12 to 24 hrs then ferment. Mite want to make a starter and introduce the yeast to the must slowly. (Get the yeast started with a little sugar and warm water. Add a bit of the yeast when it gets going good. Add another cup of yeast when the first gets fermenting, do again then add to the must. Arne.

Last edited:
Think I would probably let it sit for 12 to 24 hrs then ferment. Mite want to make a starter and introduce the yeast to the must slowly. (Get the yeast started with a little sugar and warm water. Add a bit of the yeast when it gets going good. Add another cup of yeast when the first gets fermenting, do again then add to the must. Arne.

Thanks for the your input. That is pretty much what I did, except that since this is 1 gallon batch I pitched the entire yeast starter at one time.

It's a sweet, herbaceous wine with a strong basil flavor and aroma and sometimes light mint undertones. It's delicious.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back