Post your labels here

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks David! Looking through this thread and seeing your labels, I take that as a nice compliment! I take it you're a GoT fan considering you have Tyrion on one of your labels. What do you use to make your labels, the Lodi Zin looks professional, very well done! I'd like to improve mine a bit, but it's a start.

Last edited:
Thanks David! Looking through this thread and seeing your labels, I take that as a nice compliment! I take it you're a GoT fan considering you have Tyrion on one of your labels. What do you use to make your labels, the Lodi Zin looks professional, very well done! I'd like to improve mine a bit, but it's a start.

Currently I've been using Stony Creek Labels. They make beautiful labels, but the selection I like is running thin. (I've used most of the ones I like) The GoT label was a template that fit with the picture and theme I wanted. Also, Noontime labels makes great labels, but I haven't used them yet. They've been recognized in Winemaker Mag for their labels. They are active members here.

My next couple, I'm hoping to develop something with InkScape (learning it as we speak using Youtube and other web resources) and use those. I haven't yet started, but I have two more to bottle soon and a 3rd to bottle around Oct. We will see how those go.

Thanks for the recommendations! In about 15 minutes I came up with this...clearly an improvement. I'm sure someone has already used this name but I found somewhere online that someone called their homemade merlot "Marilyn Merlot" (Marilyn Monroe) and that pinup girl label on Noontime would be a perfect label for it. I might just have to steal the idea. So many ideas and I haven't even done my first batch yet lol.

ContreLeVent.png

Thanks for the recommendations! In about 15 minutes I came up with this...clearly an improvement. I'm sure someone has already used this name but I found somewhere online that someone called their homemade merlot "Marilyn Merlot" (Marilyn Monroe) and that pinup girl label on Noontime would be a perfect label for it. I might just have to steal the idea. So many ideas and I haven't even done my first batch yet lol.
Thanks for the shout out David!

CabSauv- First I can't believe no one already had that name on this forum! :h I really like both your labels. I like the first one for it's elegance...the smaller image actually makes it more important to the viewer; intimate. I think if you added a little more visual weight to the top or bottom (like a shade of gray taken from the photo and create bars on top and or bottom) you might like it better. The second one is good too, but it may be hard to print some of that detail in the really dark shadows; you might want to lighten it up a little to print better (it may print great, just throwing that out there as a possible risk).

Have a great day and good luck on your first batch of wine!

Thanks for the shout out David!

CabSauv- First I can't believe no one already had that name on this forum! :h I really like both your labels. I like the first one for it's elegance...the smaller image actually makes it more important to the viewer; intimate. I think if you added a little more visual weight to the top or bottom (like a shade of gray taken from the photo and create bars on top and or bottom) you might like it better. The second one is good too, but it may be hard to print some of that detail in the really dark shadows; you might want to lighten it up a little to print better (it may print great, just throwing that out there as a possible risk).

Have a great day and good luck on your first batch of wine!

I'm surprised no one is using that name, when I saw it online I thought it was brilliant. I agree, I am a little worried about all the shading on the second label with the bigger image but being a technology engineer, I have access to some really high end printers. So I'll give it a shot and see what happens. If it doesn't work out I can always fall back on my original design. Thanks for the compliments!

The Label Wizard

Had to post this. You probably know about this nifty simple little device to align labels on bottles.

http://www.thelabelwizard.com/

Here's a video.

https://youtu.be/hpmei3xGSqw

@JohnT Nope, didn't go with your suggestion of Golden Shower for my Pineapple, Mango, Lime wine. I went with Summer Time Fun.

ovafKrhESHW68X_js1b0MhdPbqD_HR3O5W6gZ_jvNGgR_aH2ts7-4fnS9ak3XjbH_RwTwy9hco60fnJ8Iv18wyQpNJUQVEePDwLR0Xskh-T9fqGRL8ZQH3xEjnTsFLmSQy5t17A96rq7NRqEJsJz4zf1sGqAEaG_sof1ya8KCuEy-ajTPpdA70BzzN2Imu313rOuSXDt5CyPOLmrzqtRZyrxoZtLjzeZyraR_tl3YrSXWIj8kbcUJ0fC-3mSg9_fM_P9BwK1hEk2PVl_HOFwkckK7_u9j4n4Ow50gdrcpXcbjC0yTFFntX6bWgiFgB0x5giyXuIbb-vc_jCJk9AexQfJbEk586TcHoCNN9ke8sR_rkCNGhFWkRSoGjuxNn_iuZk4kR0BV_kTIOMty_pB5H2HhkG483PO74jkhYZbZtCstbb7k-_XGwWCj5nmGc80rrm0v5YPHjyqDFMe6JCJcvZPDrh_c1Mykt5GbgH4yUmdooVNL1r7U7aKxc-jexUcdORpkS61OYRS7uo-eqGqvyERflvKquWupycV9tOP-LLSC6ifDSKY0EeONZ6zXC22WbtFGODCKwg7gGG1IlfthoA5UszbVUTsVIq8nSZJ-UtQxLSzr7M8WP_fEE-TxabPbh0XfkjC6scL9cj2S5sjf0fE9EctRtWZKnhPE60JX1o=w731-h974-no

My second run at Dragon's Blood. I named it Rebecca's Dance after my GF's daughter Rebecca. I thought I had the correct shrink caps, but I didn't. Off to Label Peelers I go to order the correct ones.

r-QdStGBdKgFaYB5OIek8Ys8nDosJfQA_RBxDaIp-8LJZO3SdaH0QWKCqPUpWNP7oqIt3heb_TgZSrB2wOe0r3ZH07azYGtMB9iidHy4gj1Vtam45iT9RVJELNfjw93Rdk66qx_oH3_NXprZeTmbzogKLD-M0pcht5Pyb-x6FfeWNt3qVYBeZSDpa0ZpJjTYLH3gM5BVN3AqxR_sc9ADMsXrp2HLyHtJl3xuoM3D0mqY37CaUzgB5rbcACoWNOphYPSjAEmGqyna0gS16333nF22iHP155hP2ddlAZQbfFfMRYkptphfcl-Z1-u_JvYPhJHxUCVmkWbRo_1wsU_ya6TQhrYTXce42tEJUFkUXQdHCqCqAkCPOANyAhwJgmtEGgohFzYJoAT_eh5tl-Y6RDc3cH5p4IwXINYRv59LALSjP90u_zFROCOR6OTumQvGjT3ywwgsAUSepxlPBXVEsB_O4GYvFfs5imGOmV8w5MPETbX4VaZFL3E283MKucVMd0WGjBxOjGBY1UYNKbSqCuq5sObzALVw8YwMhtabHs93vqhpXSmfjXaRz7aaGBbB3o4gK0vX0oH9HXSqrFfVXdbfB2f9YzUbBDXDRvCHTD6rpzQvwImVw_WveqaqL-jhx1zY7Le3u-4cJCabt3FmAcH-Nvc_X-MCaj3hI4gV9Ys=w731-h974-no

@JohnT Nope, didn't go with your suggestion of Golden Shower for my Pineapple, Mango, Lime wine. I went with Summer Time Fun?

My second run at Dragon's Blood. I named it Rebecca's Dance after my GF's daughter Rebecca. I thought I had the correct shrink caps, but I didn't. Off to Label Peelers I go to order the correct ones.

Nice work!

So in two short weeks my Niece is getting married!

I have known my future nephew-in-law for quite some time and could not be happier for the two of them.

In doing my bit to contribute, I am donating a jeroboam of 2014 barrel reserve. This bottle has now become tradition for rehearsal dinners.

I am also donating 4 cases (750ml) of my reserve blend.

Here is the label. I will print a large one for the jeroboam, and comparatively smaller ones for the standard 750ml.

Tell me what you guys think....

IMG_20170402_172417_000.jpg.jpg

Back