All in One Headspace Eliminator

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is the in/hg that will be held in the Carboy?

That would be typically around 15 - all depending on CO2 and other factors.

I figured that that you will definitely get some CO2 removal causing your vacuum to go down a bit.

Tools in the tool box

you read threads all the time about what do I use to top off with and or should I use a wine of the same style, STOP not needed anymore with the eliminator, this little device along with your vacuum pump (I use my ALLINONEPUMP,eliminates the need for watching the bubbler's running dry and it's simple and easy not to mention inexpensive. I have always been a proponent to of racking down but when the volume is somewhere in between and the time frame from 2nd sage fermentation to bottling is 4 to 6 weeks then the eliminator is the way to go. Finally someone invented a item that is not only practical but effective in it's use..........see notes:db I'm also a person who likes to take his time producing his wine this gives me more time.

IMG_20150211_144111993_HDR.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

I think I remember Lori saying something about this being a great short-term solution for saving wine from oxygen. If you re-vacuumed occasionally (once a month?), couldn't this be a solution for 12-month aging in a partial-full carboy?

Head space eliminator

like any other process you need to stay on it and follow the system through .just because i have something different in my tool kit doesn't allow me to stray far from the process,what it does is gives me a sense of security with in my 6 to 8 week of processing time to get the base wine into a finished product and bottles ,i like to bottle age my wines instead of aging in a carboy,same principle, smaller venue and i can sample as needed without disturbing the balance.you always need to be vigilant .

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Head space eliminator

IF ONE IS GOOD A BANK CAN ONLY BE BETTER,EASY AND FAST TRANSFERRING ALONG WITH A SIMPLE WAY TO CHECK HEADSPACE AND DEGAS ALL IN ONE TOOL,,,SORT OF LIKE "ALLINONEPUMP" YOU MIGHT SAY.............:slp

1.jpg

1a.jpg

2.jpg

2a.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

4a (2).jpg

5.jpg

5a.jpg

7.jpg

This is a great solution for those partially filled carboys. The bulb gives a good indication if the carboy is maintaining a vacuum. I threw a guage on it to quantify things. So far it's holding the vacuum well. My pump can get to 11 inhg pretty easily.

Last edited:
This is a great solution for those partially filled carboys. The bulb gives a good indication if the carboy is maintaining a vacuum. I threw a gauge on it to quantify things. So far it's holding the vacuum well. My pump can get to 11 inhg pretty easily.

Yes I originally started with a gauge - but I realized over time it always leaked down.

Hey Steve, just checked my gauge and it too leaked down over night. I did discover I need to run my pump for about a minute to get 15 inhg. I'll put the balloon indicator back on and put it to use.

Last edited:
I have tested many different products and designs before coming up with this one.

I can't tell you how many hours I have in this idea !

Steve, I put the package back to the way it was as you shipped it to me. It is ready for me to use. This will really come in handy as I plan on doing a number of blends and this will give me the flexibility to not have to bottle everything all at once.

707A7A9A-2761-4F44-837F-DD4E2EA3B82E.jpg

This is a dumb question or statement I guess but I have read and have not seen an answer. Is this device applied after the secondary ferment and after stabilizing?

This is a dumb question or statement I guess but I have read and have not seen an answer. Is this device applied after the secondary ferment and after stabilizing?

Not sure when you mentioned about 2nd fermentation ?

This can be used in the beginning as your wine is still dropping out sediment as it will help in determining which carboy to use for long term storage long term storage, or to bottle if it is a kit.

If the wine is going thru Malo - you will need to check the vacuum indicator more often as you may have to use the vacuum pump to add more vacuum because of the CO2 being produced - causing less vacuum in the carboy.

It is not good during active fermentation. The CO2 will blow it off.

However, I am in the final stages of fermenting a port, and it is fine. The port has been degassed, and is at 1.020. It is currently dropping about .001 every few days. Easy enough to turn on the AIO every few days.

So, if the wine is [mostly] degassed, and not fermenting actively (including after stabilizing), you can use the HE.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoQiNtvV_gg[/ame]

Please review this video I made with the Headspace Eliminator to help remove CO2 -

I really need to shoot a better video once I get some wine that has some CO2 issues -

Last edited:
Head space eliminator

nice job VACUMNE pump man, that's what I ask AUSTIN about how can we make a video from his site or at least a slide show.:u

Latest posts

Back