My New Bottle Filler

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roblloyd

Reaction score
Here's a pic of my new auto filler. It's not quite done as I still have to put some rubber feet on it and I was thinking of a rubber or cork base for the bottles. Flat black isn't the best color but I had a can of it on hand.

It adjusts to fill the extra tall bottle down to beer bottles & 375 size bottles.

This weekend I'll have some time to test it with the vacuum pump and water. Once I get that working well I have 3 carboys to empty.

WineBottler1.jpg

That is so cool. I like the large base also as it has to be clamped down when bottling. So what do you think your total cost will be minus the pump and over flow bottle. I know those heads are very expensive to as I had to replace part of mine due to OE.

That's really neat, Rob. Would love to see it in action. Nice job. :b

Rob it turned out great. See it turned out without me giving you an exact pattern.

Dan those heads aren't that expensive from St. Pats. The stainless ones are but the plastic ones are reasonable.

Rich your right. It was because I had to get the whole $55.00 unit instead of what I broke is why I was thinking it was. I may have been able to get the parts but I was ready to bottle and didn't want to mess around if the parts weren't right. I can't believe the stainless is like $300.00 more.

Very nice Rob. If you have access to any vinyl you might want to put a round piece where the bottle sits. That area will get scratched up real quick, at least it is with the wooden one that I made.

I was thinking of getting a roll of cork - the kind used to make your own cork board, to make a bottom piece for it. Either that or some rubber sheet if I can find some.

If there really is interest I will check on a better source for the metal. Right now it would be $150 and that would be like the picture. I know I overpaid for the metal and knob at lowes.
So how many and what color and do you want a cork base? Its pretty heavy so I am not sure if it would need to be clamped down yet. I will test tomorrow night. I could also do holes if you want to screw it down.

I woukd still beleive that you would need to clamp it down as lifting a bottle into it against the spring will most likely lift it up.

I was thinking of getting a roll of cork - the kind used to make your own cork board, to make a bottom piece for it. Either that or some rubber sheet if I can find some.

Both of those would work really well too. I think that the cork would wear out much faster though. If you could find a piece of rubber roofing that would last forever.

WOW! That's works awesome! I did a test of a gallon jug of water and it filled it perfectly. Wasn't sure how much would be drawn out of the carboy when it was full. You need an over flow but it's not bad at all. I let it go a little while to see how much went over and I was impressed at how little actually went out. It draws out a little more than the buono filler does but not much. And you don't have to worry about it not popping up. Very secure setup.

Carboy --> house filter --> Auto filler --> overflow canister --> vacuum pump.

Lots of tubing. I need to cut down on the tubing to keep less wine in them and more in the bottle.
I just had the auto filler stand on a box and I didn't see a need to clamp it if you just hold the top while inserting a bottle. Not a big deal.

Far better than the buono filler. (you get what you pay for!) - Mine is for sale now if anyone is interested?

Biggest complaint I have is the house filter. It takes a good amount of wine to fill it up. That will be tester bottle afterwards. I see the advantage of the mini-jet for that reason but I'm just being picky.

I'll post pictures later once I get the setup cleaned up and photo worthy.

Im not positive but I do believe you could flip it over while in use, it will just need to be flipped over when ready to clean and empty.

Ahhh simple genius answers! That only fills up about a 1/4 of the housing.

Time to empty the ice wine! Well after sanitizing the bottles and clearing out the filter and .....
Then the chianti and grenache and shiraz/vogneir.
ok That sounds like to much bottling for one night.

Back