Chateau Michaelena Vineyard

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Things are starting to rebound and we had really nice weather this past week. I had to water today . All that moisture was gone in 7 days!

IMG_2192.jpg

IMG_2193.jpg

IMG_2194.jpg

IMG_2195.jpg

Wow you weren't kidding, you do have clusters forming all over the place. Looking at your forecast you might want to get your smudge pots ready just in case.

Yep and those pics (Marquette) were taken 10 days ago so they are much further along and now developing secondary clusters on some shoots. We had cloud cover this AM but by noon the skies had cleared and the winds are blowing strong and they are very icy for mid May for sure. I will be doing what i can tonight for sure.

Looking good Mike. Things grow much better when it is warm and sunny than snowing. LOL
It was 90 here yesterday and 92 this afternoon and will be 30 degrees colder for a high tomorrow. Do you have whiplash as badly as I do?

We had one of the warmest Winters on record this past year. Now comes Spring and of course it turns into one of the coolest Springs on record!

It was down to 29 degrees this am for a couple hours. High today was in the forties. I ran the sprinkler all night, had some good ice sickles this morning! This has been one tough spring.

We have had the wettest winter on record and now one of the coolest springs. But, lows are in the 40s and no risk of freeze. Nothing like ya'll are going through. Good luck!

And now here comes the snow........ :tz

We were up to 44 now back down to 37. Too warm to stick and moisture is always welcome here in the Southwest but its MAY 19th! Come on Mother Nature! LOL

IMG_2217.jpg

IMG_2218.jpg

IMG_2221.jpg

And now here comes the snow........ :tz

We were up to 44 now back down to 37. Too warm to stick and moisture is always welcome here in the Southwest but its MAY 19th! Come on Mother Nature! LOL

Looks like you're faring well so far, I'm keeping my fingers crossed, I enjoy (and live vicariously) watching your progress from bud break to wine.....

Still coming down.......

Front has moved out and this is the trailing wrap around moisture. Holding at 38. Tomorrows low is supposed to be 5-7 degrees warmer than today. Springtime in the Rockies

IMG_2222.jpg

IMG_2223.jpg

So on Saturday morning whilst we were in CO it touched 32 for a short period of time. I left everything out as the forecast was for a warmer low than on Friday. Pots all look great but the tomato plants are complete toast and some vine damage but so weird the hit and miss even out in the wine garden away from the warmth of the house and patio. Could be worse I spose.

IMG_2251.jpg

IMG_2252.jpg

IMG_2253.jpg

IMG_2254.jpg

IMG_2255.jpg

Realized I haven't posted any updates since early Spring. The rest of May was uneventful weather wise and June was HOT and DRY. Grapes are loving the heat and the water I have been pouring on. We dodged a BIG bullet last weekend as we had afternoon thunderstorms develop. As I have said many times. It never just rains in these parts. There always has to be DRAMA associated with rain. That drama manifest it self in the form of hail quite often. It hailed big time up in town which is about 9 miles away. We lucked out as the storms seemed to skirt around me. I watched the radar map on my phone for an hour and huge swaths of magenta were all around us. Good news is no crop damaging hail, bad news is not much rain.......

Here is what I deal with every Summer........

19424142_1467259819999318_7755176765330485175_n.jpg

Hit the vines yesterday with a little more fertilizer.

IMG_2360.jpg

IMG_2361.jpg

IMG_2362.jpg

IMG_2363.jpg

IMG_2364.jpg

You seem to have a lot of 'empty spots' where grapes should be. Is that a result of your late frost, or just typical of the Marquette?

Latest posts

Back