Alibaba Cheap stelvin screw capper

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zoe

Junior
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has bought one of the seemingly 'too good to be true' stelvin cappers from China, via Alibaba?

http://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...60383627364.html?spm=a2700.7724838.0.0.We9w6J

I own and operate a small scale fruit winery in Queensland, Australia and currently use Novatwists to seal my bottles. I'm looking to upgrade to Stelvin closures, but can't justify the $10k machines. This Alibaba alternative seems perfect, but I can't quite believe that it'll do the job.

Has anyone had experience with this kind of machine?

Thanks in advance
Zoe

Might I point out that the supplier sells one set minimums of 420 so at 300 apiece it would cost $126,000. I would rather spend 10000 for one, unless of course you have over 400 close friends who all want to purchase one.

I am not seeing that, looks like minimum order is one set or one unit? Or ~$400 FOB means shipping is not included in the price.

Screen Shot 2016-03-23 at 7.46.30 AM.png

I see that as the price is dependent on how many units (sets) you purchase (which is typical) and the price varies between $300 and 420 depending on the number of sets purchased.

Guess we need to purchase one to see!

That might indeed be the case here. It is always hard to tell when there is a bit of translation involved. I figured it was for a shipping container full holding 420 units but that may be the price like you say. Greg you want the be the guinea pig?

For 300 I wouldn't mind one at home. I would jump on it in a heartbeat but I'm sure the shipping would kill me. Plus I would like to see a you tube video of it working. It seams like there might be something missing on the head. Is that extra? I have seriously looked into these for commercial use and was quoted about 6500 for a single bottle machine hand fed.

I'm glad I'm not the only one intrigued/dubious about this product!

They've sent me a video of it working on a glass bottle, but it was an olive oil bottle, not a wine bottle with a stelvin/ROPP closure, so I've asked to see a video of that too.

I automatically assumed that "a set" was just one unit, so I'll need to clarify that too. I'm still not sure if I'm brave enough to be the guinea pig....

One thing I will say about it that it looks like the head would be a real bear to adjust. I assume all those bolt things are to crimp threads as it spins and if you look at them they all have set screw adjustments.

I left a message on Alibaba and this guy won't leave me alone now. Emails everyday. Maybe that's good customer service or....? This is his last message:
Hi Daniel,
My dear brother, how are you ?
This is Bill Smith, did you check my last email ?
Regarding this screw capper, CIF New York Port is USD 1,200
We will ship the screw capper to New York Port for you and then you go to New York Port to pick up the machine.
Is everything is clear to you ?
Will you need this screw capper very urgently ?
Please advise !
Waiting for your reply.
Thank you.
Warmest regards.
Bill Smith

Yup and I got another "My dear Brother" again this morning. I am not surprised on the shipping fee from over seas. That's why they always want you to buy an entire container load when possible. That's what I do when purchasing Australian juice.

I think PI should buy a container full and pass on the savings..... LOL

Who knew you had a brother in Beijing!

I love how all the Chinese, Indians, Pakistani's, etc have all American names. Really, Bill Smith......... At least he isn't Peggy.........

I like that idea Dan, PI can buy a container full and pass along the savings. We can all afford to buy one then.

At the $300 price I would love one for at home.Nobody wants left over screw cap bottles, so they should be easy to collect. I would switch over in a heartbeat.

OK so you get a Capper, Rich gets a capper, I get a capper, we all get a capper!

oprah-free-car.gif

Latest posts

Back