Mesquite Bean Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its pretty clear, so prob not much longer now. I should prob go ahead and bottle my first batch of prickly pear, it's been clear for a while now. Maybe this weekend... been busy with my deer hunt, but ends wed. Then I will be able to start another one! :D :dg

or k-meta, starsan is a good contact cleaner and works quickly but k-meta is hard to beat

I didn't see kmeta at the store here, maybe I didnt look hard enough. May have to order online

its easy to do, everyone shortens it to kmeta pretty soon thats what you look for then your looking at the rack of chems and your like wtf? oh wait :)

FINALLY got my kmeta :h now to bottle :D it's super clear with no sediment. i am thinking of sweetening it with agave nectar

i have to wait till my bf can be here to help since the corking process takes more than me lol, but here it is, first one on left. others are prickly pear & chocolate fire

017.jpg

Did you sweeten it with nectar? The nectar I use around me is thick and requires a second clearing stage after I add it. If yours got any cloudier after adding it I would let it clear again first. I rushed a batch I made into bottles and now I see sediment in it and I'm kicking myself for rushing it now.

Good luck! It sounds fantastic!

Did you sweeten it with nectar? The nectar I use around me is thick and requires a second clearing stage after I add it. If yours got any cloudier after adding it I would let it clear again first. I rushed a batch I made into bottles and now I see sediment in it and I'm kicking myself for rushing it now.

Good luck! It sounds fantastic!

i haven't sweetened it yet, but i may have to do just sugar. the nectar i used on the prickly pear wasn't thick at all. funds are low right now so i may stick to regular sugar

chocolate fire :d

i must know more!

haha! used a jalapeno recipe but with mixed hot peppers and i am adding chocolate to it :D pulled some out of the spare gallon to sweeten and add choc to last night..... i love it! def different with the bite to it, but still love it. :HB :dg

i have a thread on here under jalapeno wine

well, i sweetened with sugar and bottled last night, got 32 bottles :D

also, seemed to have an easier time with soaking corks for few mins prior. although, it's still a rough time... still can't do it by myself :/

017 (2).jpg

018.jpg

Latest posts

Back