Pink Lemonade Blueberries

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WilliamSYKES

Junior
Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried to make wine using Pink Lemonade Blueberries? I have been thinking of putting in a few bushes on my Blueberry farm as a expirement but if someone has already tried it and it didn't work I don't want to waste the field space.

Interesting that you would say that. I just got home from a run to the local nursery - investigating European Plum trees. After a lengthy talk with the lady at the nursery, including that I make wine from fruit including blueberries.... she showed me her stock of blueberries including Pink Lemonade Blueberries. I have a plant or two that died last year so I bought 1 Pink Lemonade to grow. While it's a nice sized bush, it will take at least 2-3 years before it might produce enough for a gallon batch.

Will be waiting to see if anyone has tried them yet.

You mean this? :)

2017-IM-PreOrder-Image-2-1-480x540.jpg

Interesting that you would say that. I just got home from a run to the local nursery - investigating European Plum trees. After a lengthy talk with the lady at the nursery, including that I make wine from fruit including blueberries.... she showed me her stock of blueberries including Pink Lemonade Blueberries. I have a plant or two that died last year so I bought 1 Pink Lemonade to grow. While it's a nice sized bush, it will take at least 2-3 years before it might produce enough for a gallon batch.

Will be waiting to see if anyone has tried them yet.[/QUOTE
My aunt got my grandfather a bush right after we finished planting out blueberry farm for him to try but it hasn't done really well. I would love to see if they done well and if they make good wine I would consider putting in several acres of them.

You mean this? :)

2017-IM-PreOrder-Image-2-1-480x540.jpg

Very surprised that this didn't pop up when I searched google for it. I've been looking for links and advice most of the day lol. I'm more interested in wine made from the Pink Lemonade Blueberries, these look more like wine coolers made with regular blueberries.

Last edited:
I think it would be a good wine. Idk about clarity or the smell but the taste would likely be good

I made the Coconut Yuzu per Joes tweek and it is really good. So..... now I'm thinking this would be awesome.

I'm looking to use the actual pink lemonade blueberries like I do for my regular blueberry recipe

I have 5 different varieties of blueberrys but none of these I'll have to check into this.

I have 5 different varieties of blueberrys but none of these I'll have to check into this.

Nursery where I got mine had 3 of them all in 2 gallon containers for $15.00 with tax. (Same size plant that Lowe's sells for $22.00 Nice sized for the money. Might just have to go back an get another. I think I lost a couple of plants this year and these would make nice replacements. They could probably even be planted outside my netted area because the birds don't seem to bother the berries until they are ripe same with my Sweet Cherries - as soon as they start to turn the cardinals gobble them up.

I'm more interested in wine made from the Pink Lemonade Blueberries, these look more like wine coolers made with regular blueberries.

I figured, but you struck a chord, as I've been looking at this kit the last couple days. No 'real' blueberries in there that I know of.

We have 9 different varieties on our 45 acre farm. We planted one pink lemonade bush but it hasn't done that great.

Nursery where I got mine had 3 of them all in 2 gallon containers for $15.00 with tax. (Same size plant that Lowe's sells for $22.00 Nice sized for the money. Might just have to go back an get another. I think I lost a couple of plants this year and these would make nice replacements. They could probably even be planted outside my netted area because the birds don't seem to bother the berries until they are ripe same with my Sweet Cherries - as soon as they start to turn the cardinals gobble them up.

I'm afraid I lost a bunch in 2016 also ,maybe as many as 12 to 15,:? This crazy spring weather may cost me more, 74 forecasted monday, WHATTTTT?

Yeah we lost 75% of our crop last year. Hoping we have a better year this year but our O'Neal varieties are already halfway bloomed out. It's frosted the last 3 mornings after a week of it being 80-90 here in Eastern NC

I figured, but you struck a chord, as I've been looking at this kit the last couple days. No 'real' blueberries in there that I know of.[/QUOTE
I've never used kits to make wine, I've heard mixed reviews from friends that have used them so I've never tried them

Back