Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fran365

Reaction score
Hi folks, I checked out a few forums before stopping here. I am a 66 year old retiree, and I can't believe I've waited till now to ferment my own drinks and foods. My wife and I now ferment kim-chi, black tea, and many vegetables, cabbage and last but not least raw milk(keifer) and yes, wine. I've read books and thought about wine making for 40 years but in my 60's I gave up on beer and noticed the distinct health benefits from drinking wine, especially that nice little glow. I've already talked with 2 members, cmason and citipam and look forward to learning and sharing ideas, Fran

Hi again Fran

sounds like you have a fairly impressive resume. I bet now that you finally decided to conquer winemaking you will have some fine little glows in your future. All so much sweeter since you made it yourself.

Pam in cinti

HI to all, thanks for the welcome. Cintipam I did recheck that concord I talked about and the second SG was .999 @ 49F, so I believe its done fermenting. I had 2 glasses before supper(it's 3 weeks old) and it was fine but think it will improve with age (6 months?) The spicing was 1 clove, one 6" cinnamon and 4 black pepper corns. All I could taste was the clove, but it was mild and nice. Fran

If you enjoyed it, that's all that matters. I think you stashed away the thought to cut back a bit on cloves for next time. And yes, it would be much better at 6 months. Far better still at 1 year. But by the time you have enough to age that long you will be a veteran with a great aging stash to enjoy.

Pam in cinti

Latest posts

Back