New wine room

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlietuna

Reaction score
I'm working on a new area on my property for wine, fruit & vegetable processing. An old building, I've done much cleaning, sealing & waterproofing the walls. I will epoxy coat the floor & get water plumbed in soon. A stove, fruit press & crusher for cider hopefully by spring.

image-1306655750.jpg

You're gonna be jonesing for a floor drain, or a janitors sink with a pump! Nice space!

Okay, Saddlebronze, I will bite. What does this word mean?

Charlietuna, really nice space! I think it will be outstanding when you are finished.

I will be running a water line overhead with 2-3 hose's hanging. Plus there are 2 sinks in the SS countertop. One has an opening for a 6 " disposal I will need to modify. The other as seen in the pic has a large basin. The cross bars are removable.

Not quite sure how I'm going to handle floor drainage, but there are old garage doors on one end that I'm sealing one & modifying the other to have an occupant door as well as opening in full 8'. The floor slopes toward the doors. I may use a rigid plastic gutter & drain the floor to an opening that I can squeegee to.

jonesing :

to have a strong need, desire, or craving for something.

Charlie, that is a new one on me. Never heard the term.

Just an idea, if you don't mind, and in order to keep your wine area "rustic" why don't you make two 4' swing doors for the garage door rather than an overhead and put the occupant door in one of the 4 footers? Takes a little framing and you have to step over the threshold to get into the area. We had this on an old bakery that my family owned many years ago and I always though it was really neat. You could go in and out through the pedestrian door and open the double doors when you have a "delivery."

That's a real nice start you have there. I wish I had that much space.

I hope you either inherited or otherwise aquired that SS sink. Buying it new would break my bank! It is a nice piece indeed.

With all the new schools being built. there are warehouses full of desks, all kitchen supplies including these sinks / tables & misc items pulled from older schools. i have a connection. These were free!! I also have a 7' SS shelf to mount to the wall.

It's not what you know but who u know sometimes.

Brian

Just put my 2nd & final coat on conFlex on the walls. Headed back out in a bit to start cleaning up the floors to prep & paint them in the next couple days.

Cleaning & prepping the floor tonight. Self leveling urethane caulking in the cracks. Then coating. And, if you're curious those are my family's specific variety of squash on the table in the back. They make amazing pumpkin pie!! Seeds can not be purchased. My family has had the line as long as they can remember.

image-1324582852.jpg

Latest posts

Back