Vineco Kenridge Showcase Amarone

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdtrey12

Reaction score
Just got my Kenridge Showcase Amarone today.... Its going to be a long year or two waiting for this guy!!

Anyone have any suggestions on this one?

MDT, I have not made that kit but I recommend that you read through this thread: http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/f6/megioli-amarone-35581/. Now, the Amarone that they are talking about is a Meglioli and comes with a grape pack. You might want to consider what Joeswine does with raisins in the secondary. I don't know how experienced you are so maybe you would feel more comfortable just following the basic directions.

Rock,

I did read that thread earlier today... I am not going to start the Amarone for a week or so (travel plans), I am interested in the raisin idea. Would you add them in the secondary as well for this kit? What kind of raisins would you use and how much? I have used California golden raisins several times in fruit wines with a good result. Thanks for the help!

MDT, I buy 2 ea two pound bags as Sam's club (Sunmaid red raisins) and I used about a pound for a 5-6 gallon batch. I also pulse them in a food processor before adding them and, so far, I have only used them in primary fermentation. I really like Joe's idea of using them in secondary, makes a lot of sense and I plan to use his method in my next red.

As always,

Thanks for the help. I am really focused on letting this one run the course for as long as possible.... I will keep you updated!

Latest posts

Back